What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What would you do?

liberty1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I charge my iPad, the plug get really hot! Should I take it back to where I purchased it or call Apple? Does this happen to anyone else?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, are you using the 10 Watt charger that comes w/ the iPad?

Second, what gets 'HOT' - the charger plugged into the wall or the end that plugs into the dock of the iPad?

Thirdly, does the charger work as advertised?

Most of these chargers will certainly get warm (if not a little hotter) - I've not really touch my iPad AC charger portion but have had others that are quite warm when charging, so may be normal?

Please answer the questions above and more specific advise can be offered - :)

Lovespicyfood

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just happen to be charging my Ipad while typing to this thread with my Apple Wireless keyboard through the same Ipad. Yes, the charger gets hot. Not sure how hot it gets if the Ipad is off, but mine is on and I'm typing away! :)

Pete

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My chargers generally get hot -- on iPad, netbooks, laptops, etc. Not a big deal unless they burst into flames, lol. (I owned a laptop once that had its charger recalled because they actually caused fires for some owners.)

OP
L

liberty1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yep! I am using the charger that came with the iPad.
The part of the charger that plugs into the wall gets pretty warm.
Yes it does charge.

My chargers generally get hot -- on iPad, netbooks, laptops, etc. Not a big deal unless they burst into flames, lol. (I owned a laptop once that had its charger recalled because they actually caused fires for some owners.)

I know! I had a power cord recalled on my desktop for that very reason.

Good to know that it sounds normal!!

Most reactions