What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will ipad be

shiwenDD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe iPad will be come more and more powerful and eventually it will replace normal MacBook

SaberOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's the plan and I believe it will happen a lot sooner than many think.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe iPad will be come more and more powerful and eventually it will replace normal MacBook

There's no question that tablet attributes such as lighter weight, a slimmer form factor, and most importantly a touch screen interface will be find their way into the traditional laptop design. That doesn't mean, however, that the "iPad" will replace the "MacBook." Two major obstacles stand in the way.

Apple (and other manufacturers) see distinct markets for personal computers and consumer media consumption/communication devices. Don't expect Apple to cannibalize their highly successful (and profitable) laptop sales by adding features that make an iPad into a personal computer. That's especially true if customers can be convinced to purchase a Mac, an iPad, and an iPhone. Look for more extensive integration among those devices, but not for one device supplanting another.

Second, the technology to make an iPad into a full-fledged personal computer simply isn't available. The iPad runs smartphone hardware. The soon-to-be-released next generation Apple Air ultra-portables run the latest generation Intel computer hardware. Those models may well cut into sales of traditional MacBooks but they're far ahead of what can be stuffed into an iPad while maintaining the same battery life, form factor, and price.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPads have individual personalities. One is hardworking, always goes to work with me. The other tends to lounge around at home, mainly watching movies and reading books and news. I think it also drinks my booze when I'm not around.

Most reactions

Latest posts