What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your first car and favourite car ever!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They are Aussie favourites aren't they? When I read my romance books about Aussie, they always mention the Holden!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Wow that was a great car in its day! Us Europeans don't have the size of American cars. Try driving a Hummer down our country lanes - impossible.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
They are Aussie favourites aren't they? When I read my romance books about Aussie, they always mention the Holden!

Yes Holdens are an Aussie favorite, but then so are Fords. There's always been a grudge match between the owners of these 2 makes of cars. Many ford owners use to say Holdens are just holding together and Holden owners say fords are Found On Rubbish Dumps. Happy to say we are a Holden family, hubby has a holden HSV Tourer wagon.

kingnba6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
first car was a 2004 rav4 4 cylinder front wheel drive. i still have the car to this day. currently has 25,000 miles. also have a 2009 toyota highlander v6.

i like big cars. my favorite car would have to be a range rover. sexy cars!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine is an Isuzu trooper citation 3.1L. I need it's strength to pull a horse box and two hefty horses but I still love my truck. I can't bear getting into a small car now.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking back, my favourite car, is between a Hillman Super Minx and an Austin Cambridge A55. Always loved column change gears.

The Austin's Cambridge's front dampers were susceptible to leaks, so if you hit a drain the car would bounce on it's springs. Driving in a shoe string i never had the money to replace the dampers, so filled them with Castrol LM grease = instant sport suspension lol!

i wonder how i ever made it out of my teens in one piece, but very happy days

iDrifter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first car was a 1964 Ford Mustang G T. It was equipped with a 289 cid wedgie, four barrel carb engine with four on the floor. I believed it referred as "California Special." Damn, that was a great car. Not many could keep up or beat me at the lights. With that, I was closely watched by the local constabulary. Ah the memories.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iDrifter said:
My first car was a 1964 Ford Mustang G T. It was equipped with a 289 cid wedgie, four barrel carb engine with four on the floor. I believed it referred as "California Special." Damn, that was a great car. Not many could keep up or beat me at the lights. With that, I was closely watched by the local constabulary. Ah the memories.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Nice.

"A day without laughter is a day wasted" Charlie Chaplin

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First - 1990 Subaru Legacy

Current - 1998 Ford Taurus

Favorite - Legacy

Want: 2008 VW Beetle in baby blue w/ tan convertible top OR '69 Dodge Charger in red.

Most reactions

Latest posts