What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Video format is supported by iPad2

Paul80

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but couldn't find anything.

What Video Format does the iPad2 support (Play Without Conversion)

So far MP4 is all I have found that will play.

Obviously I expected it not to play Windows Media Files, but I thought it would play good old AVI, which it dosen't.

Does it play anything other than MP4.

Thanks

Paul

Dantana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same problem and downloaded software to change file from AVI to MP4 and then works via I Tunes... Hope this helps

honda599

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a free app Flexplayer which you can use to view avi movie files. Sync your iPad directly to iTunes and look up this app at the bottom of all the app listings. From there you select Flexplayer and browse your computer for the desired avi file to load. Once sync is completed you select Flexplayer icon on ipad and it will display list of movies that were imported. Works great and quality good.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Guys

Sorry if this has been asked before, I did search but couldn't find anything.

What Video Format does the iPad2 support (Play Without Conversion)

So far MP4 is all I have found that will play.

Obviously I expected it not to play Windows Media Files, but I thought it would play good old AVI, which it dosen't.

Does it play anything other than MP4.

Thanks

Paul
Video formats supported:

H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

Apple - iPad 2 - View the technical specifications for iPad 2.

Most reactions

Latest posts