What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What version of Itunes do I need?

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
Im looking for what older version of Itunes I need to download where the layout is the same as in the photo (the sidebar is available)
http://www.oldapps.com/itunes.php
By the yellow dot is by username and I go through the photos folder (not shown) to view my videos
Thank you
Maceasar

90735d8d633d798515ed771e04a19fd52bec480.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That version of iTunes dates back to 2012 and if you were to install it on your computer, it would not work with any devices on the newest iOS version. What are you doing that you need such an old version of iTunes?

OP
M

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wasnt for any reason in particular. Sometimes the device icon is there (by the red arrow) and other times it is not (photo below). I wanted to go back to something I was familiar with. I cant find the device (connection). Sometimes its there, sometimes its not.

I knew how to add videos to my device but I dont now because I dont know where 'photos' is located. I dont use my devices for music (believe it or not) but to watch videos on my Ipad.

Are there any updated tutorials that I could watch for the latest IOS version?

Thanks
Mark (Maceasar)

d1b1596a77167903587f0e98ca945b24576ac67.jpg

2af1596d74117d06c7b4da3d6cc44b9acb8e7d5.jpg

OP
M

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I made a silly mistake. The captures are when my device is plugged in the computer and when it was not plugged into the computer. OOOOPPPPPPSSSSS!!!!!

Im still looking for the solution for video
Thank you Scifan57
If anyone has a direct answer, I would appreciate it

d1b1596a77167903587f0e98ca945b24576ac67.jpg

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you want to add videos to your iTunes Library on the computer you use the Add To Library option under the File menu. Once the videos are in iTunes on the computer, you plug your device in, select it, then go to the Videos settings to select what you want to sync. Then sync.

Hold in mind that if the videos are not compatible with iTunes, it will tell you so. In that case you'll need to use a third party app to convert them first.

If you don't want to convert videos, or deal with iTunes, there are several third party apps that will play videos. A couple that are often mentioned are OPlayer, and AVPlayer. These have a variety of ways to transfer files onto the iPad including using a web browser on the computer (goes to a generated page on the iPad), DropBox, or other cloud services.

OP
M

Maceasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had seen 'add files to library' and thought that had might been the way to put the videos on Ipad.
I just did it. The videos are on my Ipad now
And I see (WHEN the ipad is plugged in), its easy to find the app section (Brain fart)
Thank so much
Mark
;-)

Most reactions

Latest posts