What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What TV shows did you watch as a kid?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Oh dear I have a decapitated head left so I'm not sure there is anything I can do with a plastic surgeon. Counselling may also be off the cards for the previous reason. However I'm sure I'll tell Trixie that her twin was absolutely delicious.

Proper job.......(said in a thick west country accent!)

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since this is my thread ~

Who in the hell thought of that show Mob Wives? Another reality series. It is on only because I have a 23 year old daughter.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ooh, arr, ooh, arr! Where be that blackbird too, I know where he be, he be on wurzel tree and I be after he. Do you know that song? Words to that effect anyway. I had to learn all these Somerset songs and I couldn't drink scrumpy. I'm a useless south african Somerset girl.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Since this is my thread ~

Who in the hell thought of that show Mob Wives? Another reality series. It is on only because I have a 23 year old daughter.

Hello sweet p, I haven't heard of Mob Wives but I used to love the pink panther shows on Saturdays.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
Ooh, arr, ooh, arr! Where be that blackbird too, I know where he be, he be on wurzel tree and I be after he. Do you know that song? Words to that effect anyway. I had to learn all these Somerset songs and I couldn't drink scrumpy. I'm a useless south african Somerset girl.

Well the words sound familiar......in a strangely psychotic kind of way.....but it must be something to do with the Wurzel's given it mentions the Wurzel's tree, hmm, i am a deer drinker? I've got a brand new combine harvester? Not sure. You can't drink scrumpy! I used to live on the stuff, had two gallons a week delivered to me in Kent......wow, that sounds bad, like really bad!

The Archangel

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Well the words sound familiar......in a strangely psychotic kind of way.....but it must be something to do with the Wurzel's given it mentions the Wurzel's tree, hmm, i am a deer drinker? I've got a brand new combine harvester? Not sure. You can't drink scrumpy! I used to live on the stuff, had two gallons a week delivered to me in Kent......wow, that sounds bad, like really bad!

The Archangel

That should have been ........I am a cider drinker......no idea where deer came from, I'm losing it big time!

The Archangel

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Is that the rinky dink panther?

The Archangel

Not sure what you mean but if it's those psychedelic thoughts you were having recently then maybe you should consult that counsellor yourself. By the way the latest song going round my farmer students is the one from Chris Moyles.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiY7GTLibRs&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Now that's funny......

The Archangel

I think he should have said som - er - set but he is Cornish (I think) so he put in cor - ne - wall. I know people either love or hate him but I think he can be funny sometimes. Have you heard his parody album in iTunes. Hilarious.

Anyway, sorry sweet p, we will give you your thread back. Love you!!!!

ipfuser653

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dr.Who (John Pertwee will always be The Doctor to me)
Star Trek
Thunderbirds
Joe 90
UFO
Mr Ben
Thundercats
Time Tunnel
The Tomorrow People (who had the first iPad type computer)
Scooby Doo
Wacky Races
The Perils of Penelope Pitstop
McGuyver
The A Team
The Basil Brush Show
Danger Mouse
The Tripods (a BBC adaption of the John Christopher books)
Another book adaption that had everyone bar the two main characters start smashing up all modern technology. The brother and sister finally found it was due to the stone Merlin had turned into having been quarried up, awakening him early.
Sapphire And Steel
Crackerjack!
The Magic Roundabout
...and loads more I've forgotten the names of :)

Of your list, I only have heard of these! Do you remember a show called the "The Little People?" Wait! I think it was called "Land Of The Giants"

Oh ~ hell ~ I don't remember! But I loved that show!

Land Of The Giants, yes another one I watched. I was addicted to TV as a child, so there's a huuuuge list of "show I've watched but forgotten the names of", like The Banana Splits, Top Cat (also called Boss Cat for some reason) and The Pink Panther Show some of which you might know, others were British tv only, like "Why Don't You (Just Switch Off Your Television Set And Go Do Something Less Boring Instead)". (yes, that was it's full name<g>)

Oddly enough I now hardly watch TV at all, maybe one program a week.

Last edited:

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gleth said:
Land Of The Giants, yes another one I watched. I was addicted to TV as a child, so there's a huuuuge list of "show I've watched but forgotten the names of", like The Banana Splits, Top Cat (also called Boss Cat for some reason) and The Pink Panther Show some of which you might know, others were British tv only.

Oddly enough I now hardly watch TV at all, maybe one program a week.

The Banana Splits!!!! Surely the greatest show on tv ever!

The Archangel

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone remember, Dark Shadows? It was a vampire soap opera, if you can believe that!

We use to come home from school, when we lived in France, and grab Oreo cookies and climb all the way up to the very top attic in this Chateau we lived in and watch Dark Shadows.

It was a great childhood memory!

Most reactions