What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What time of day will ios 7 be available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rperez414

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It would be nice if iOS 7 was released at midnight pacific time so as to allow a more staggered start to the server onslaught. However, they've never done that before. For some reason, Apple likes to release software smack dab in the middle of the workday.

Has anyone heard if this year will be any different? What time can we expect the download to be available?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It would be nice if iOS 7 was released at midnight pacific time so as to allow a more staggered start to the server onslaught. However, they've never done that before. For some reason, Apple likes to release software smack dab in the middle of the workday.

Has anyone heard if this year will be any different? What time can we expect the download to be available?

The iPhone/iPod version of iOS 7 will likely be released at 10AM Pacific time tomorrow. The iPad version will likely be released in October, just before the release of the new iPads.
BTW, no matter when Apple releases the new iOS, it will be the middle of the workday for someone.

Last edited:

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I hope they do not Release the iPad Version of IOS 7 in October I am so looking forward to Tomorrow.

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi

I hope they do not Release the iPad Version of IOS 7 in October I am so looking forward to Tomorrow.
It has been believed that the iPad version will be delayed. I doubt it will be released tomorrow.

YoloSwag

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't believe that the OS for the iPad will be delayed. It is just rumors and beliefs that 9to5Mac made without sufficent proofs.

Edit: The time it may be released is 9 AM.

ammune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone know what time will it be available in IST .... Getting error "error while updating "....

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you're getting as far as error, then it's available. Unfortunately for us, there are a great many impatient people (like us) and the servers are overloading. Happens with every major update. If you can't stand trying over and over again, you are best off taking a long walk before giving it another go. A couple days should do it. :)

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Just trying to download it to iPhone and iPad- on the phone it is actually installing, on the Pad it already took several "commence download" which failed, now it says again that 6.1.3 is available for installation (which I had downloaded but never installed on my iPad 4)...
Server breakdown?!?
IOS 7 is available here for 4 hours now...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hmm?

No idea. I'd restart the iPad and try again.

If you've been trying to use iTunes on the PC (or switched to that method) you have to update to iTunes 11.1 first. Just in case.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
Thanks Twerppoet,
Looks like it was just too much for the servers... Finally I managed to download it completely at about 02:30;
It is installed and works like charm.
On both my devices!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As IOS7 has now been released, this thread has now run its course.

With that we will now close this thread

......Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts