What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size should I get? 16GB, 32 GB, 64GB

Sincere11105

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree. I had a 16gb iPod touch and i had a ton of apps music and ran out of space

cocored

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Airstash - The idea is great but

It doesn't seem to work consistently. Also, when I download the pictures from the SD card, I can't find them anywhere on my Ipad! Where did they go? Have to send an email to airstash for support since there's no one available via phone.
I turn it on, connect via the wifi (that all works) but when I launch Safari and connect to airstash.net, Safari says the server is unavailable. Very, very frustrating.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harsh words lv. I can afford several iPads, but I can't afford to waste money for something I will not use. Being money wise is better than throwing it away. There are lots of multimillionaires that drive old pickups and wear coveralls. And lots of those wearing custom suits and driving Mercedes that live from paycheck to paycheck.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
If you don't know which one you need, then how would I know. Perhaps a netbook would be a better option for you. I have a Gateway with 250 gig storage that is gathering dust, I think that is what you need!

I will sell it to you for half the price of a 16g WIFI iPad!

ayerbusiness

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are a lot of iPad apps that you can use. Maybe you are not that familiar with the coolest apps because if you are, then I should say that you do not have to think twice in up grading your iPad to 64 GB. Because with this, you can download a lot of apps in the iPad app store.

Always Write

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.davidderrico.com
One thing to keep in mind is that you can download certain apps (just like movies, songs, photos, etc.) to iTunes, but not upload them all to your iPad. For example, I have a few travel apps that I don't leave on the iPad all the time -- I'd only throw them on there when I'm going to that particular city. I only have a "favorites" subset of photos I keep on the iPad. And I keep a selection of movies (that's what really takes up the space) on it, but I take the old ones off when I'm done and cycle in some new ones.

So, it's not that you can only have 16 GB worth of stuff … you can have unlimited amounts of apps and movies and stuff, but you can only have 16 GB on the iPad at any given time.

I still think that most apps (especially the cheap and free ones) are very small in size, and even a 16 GB iPad has plenty of room for thousands of apps. It's the movies that really getcha (and somewhat photos and music).

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
just getting some movies on the iPad now and they do suck up some space, had about 32 gb left this morning, very glad I went with 64gb unit

Be honest now, how many who went with the 16 or 32 wish you had went with the 64???

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Harsh words lv. I can afford several iPads, but I can't afford to waste money for something I will not use.

Thought that's often true, the concern in this case is the iPad's lack of easy expansion of storage space options. As the saying goes, it is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. That motto is what I had in mind when I ordered 64GB as well as 3G (Sure, wi-fi is readily available- right up until I really need it!).

rtking

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go 64 GB.

I have loaded mine up with music, movies (or myself, my wife, and my child), and recent trip photos, and have about 27 GB of available memory remaining. I am glad that I went with the 64GB 3G model.

CPMS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harsh words lv. I can afford several iPads, but I can't afford to waste money for something I will not use.

Thought that's often true, the concern in this case is the iPad's lack of easy expansion of storage space options. As the saying goes, it is better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. That motto is what I had in mind when I ordered 64GB as well as 3G (Sure, wi-fi is readily available- right up until I really need it!).

Agree 200%!!!!!!

I have a 64GB 3G and have yet to activate the 3G. But the day will come when I will need the 3G to close a major deal and the 3G ipad will pay for its self many times over. Love that motto by the way, something that most business owners should live by.

Most reactions

Latest posts