What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should I do ?

Train

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, My ipad 2 is on 7.1.1 and I need your great advice. what can I do jb with that Chinese jb or upgrade to 7.1.2 ? What I really want is to jb and cydia. I don't want much do I! Anyway please give me some advice. Thank you train

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Upgrade to 7.12 and run Pangu 1.1 to jailbreak the device.

All you wanted; there you have it...

What he said! :D

Best if you restore to iOS 7.1.2 using iTunes (a restore, not just an upgrade). Removes any future potential issues of doing the upgrade over-the-air.

Oh, and make a backup before upgrading.

That should do you as PanGu works on iOS 7.1.2...

Marilyn

OP
Train

Train

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, My ipad 2 is on 7.1.1 and I need your great advice. what can I do jb with that Chinese jb or upgrade to 7.1.2 ? What I really want is to jb and cydia. I don't want much do I! Anyway please give me some advice. Thank you train
I backed my ipad up with iCloud. Then used 7.1.1 /. 7.1.2 Chinese jb. Everything went fine. I have cydia that works fine except my ipad is still on 7.1.1. I forgot I was so excited to update to 7.1.2. Did I mess up ?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I backed my ipad up with iCloud. Then used 7.1.1 /. 7.1.2 Chinese jb. Everything went fine. I have cydia that works fine except my ipad is still on 7.1.1. I forgot I was so excited to update to 7.1.2. Did I mess up ?

The 7.1.2 update only really fixed the attachment encryption that was broken in the earlier stages of iOS 7. You can fix this by installing the Attachment Encryptor by Ryan Petrich from his personal repository. You can update to 7.1.2 if you want, but not all tweaks that are compatible on 7.1/7.1.1 are compatible on 7.1.2.

Most reactions