What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should i do???

adoriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I got a problem. I'm trying to update my DH4 and can't due to not enought space problem even with 1.7 GB of free space. What should i do???

staticmap

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may end up having to delete unwanted stuff in order to free up space.

OP
adoriana

adoriana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Already did that, I freed 1.7 giga and still not updating. What should i do?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As a general rule, it's good to "assume' that you need 2-3 times as much space available on your iPad when downloading an app. So, if you are downloading an app that is 1GB in size, you need 2GB space available (sometimes even close to 3GB). It's the design of the download process as the app/iPad need the space to do the download.

All I can recommend is you take a look at the size of the app you are trying to download (info at the bottom of the app description in the AppStore). If you don't have 3x the space on your iPad, you will need to remove apps/files until that space is available. Then, you can try the download again.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts