What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What screen resolution do you want?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1920x1440 will support 1080p video. However, it may be easier for Apple to go to 2048x1536. The problem with 1920x1440 is that is harder for the current apps to be ported over to a new size unless they can rescaled easily. With a quadrupled resolution, it is supposedly a lot easier. Even so, most of the apps would have to be updated or run in some mode like the iPhone apps were done for the iPad until everyone began issueing new apps designed for the resolution.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
problem is, the higher the resolution, the smaller the text etc is going to be, unless they increase the screen size, or increase the font size

if they are staying with the same screen size, then i say stay with the same resolution, i don't want to carry a magnifying glass with me also

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Double resolution and double scale the OS exactly as they did with iPhone4. :)

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The usual pixal arrays for 4:3 screens are:
XGA - 1024x768
*?* - 1280x960
SXGA+ - 1400x1050
UXGA - 1600x1200
QXGA - 2048x 1536
These are the common display resolutions that would be the likely ones for Apple to go to. The cost and reliability of the more concentrated resolutions has to be weighed against the difficulties the app designers would have, and the perceived benefits.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
XGA - 1024x768
*?* - 1280x960
SXGA+ - 1400x1050
UXGA - 1600x1200
QXGA - 2048x 1536
These are the common display resolutions that would be the likely ones for Apple to go to. The cost and reliability of the more concentrated resolutions has to be weighed against the difficulties the app designers would have, and the perceived benefits.

I don't know, sometimes you get really technical about things and it kinda ruins the thread. Like the thread "why Steve jobs flash explanation doesn't make sense". It's great that you have so much knowledge to share, it just feels like overload for the topic.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
XGA - 1024x768
*?* - 1280x960
SXGA+ - 1400x1050
UXGA - 1600x1200
QXGA - 2048x 1536

I don't know, sometimes you get really technical about things and it kinda ruins the thread. Like the thread "why Steve jobs flash explanation doesn't make sense". It's great that you have so much knowledge to share, it just feels like overload for the topic.

This was said very respectfully and stated what you feel in a very nice way.

I am proud of you Young One.:)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'd be happy with 1280 with the current ratio.

If they go to a larger screen people will want to run multiple apps on screen at once and try to emulate current desktop behaviour.
This would only destroy it's advantages of being small, light and fast.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
This was said very respectfully and stated what you feel in a very nice way.

I am proud of you Young One.:)

Well thank you! I am not trying to be mean. I am getting much better.

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not mean to bore, but when I express my general knowledge, I have been called for not being specific. I like learning more about my world around me. I have six decades of being amazed at what is out there.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:
I do not mean to bore, but when I express my general knowledge, I have been called for not being specific. I like learning more about my world around me. I have six decades of being amazed at what is out there.

I know. I said it's great that you know so much, it is just overload.

madhatter61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seadog said:

I know. I said it's great that you know so much, it is just overload.

I find this thread and many others so lacking of what it takes to support these so-called wants and desires. One of the things that has made Apple so successful in their last three major product launches ... iPod, iPhone, and now iPad. Apple didn't invent mp3 players, or smart phones, or even tablet computers. But they sure did revolutionized the markets and run away from the competition in each category. Why ... Because they paid attention to the core issues ... created superbly crafted hardware ... supported that software with outstanding software ... then provided all the support to make it all work and grow.

Now really, how many owners of the 30 million iPad sold to date think the display is lacking? I certain don't ... I think it is gorgeous.

Most reactions

Latest posts