What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What office application

waggingtails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, firstly I am sure this question has been asked a million times fo I apologise upfront as I am a noobie on ipadforums.net and after looking at the best forums to join I came up with this as the best so I am hoping someone can help me, I have looked around at so many sites trying to find the best office suite for my needs, I am really confused over which to purchase pages or quick office or similiar I am looking for a app that I can use similiar to microsoft word I am currently studying and wanting to transfer my course information from my pc to my ipad 2 and be able to open them to read and to maybe submit them from my ipad as well I really don't need to use excel, I do have drop box on my pc and ipad so any help from anyone before I go ahead and purchase an app would be greatly appreciated I am concerned that I may buy the wrong one and waste my money, I also have goodreader installed on my ipad as well if that makes a difference...I hope I have put the post in the right thread if not sorry...Forever grateful for any information or advice...Lisa...aka waggingtails.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is your computer a PC (Windows) or a Mac? Will you mostly be looking at PDF files or Word Documents? Do you need to mark them up or just read them? Can you tell us more about the types of files you will be needing to read and create?

OP
W

waggingtails

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thank you for replying to my post sorry for the limited information I am only new to forums, I run a windows based pc and will be needing to look at pdf files and word files for tafe, technical college I would ideally like to be able to send them to my new ipad2 so I can open them and also work on any assignments on my ipad so I will need to do both read and download any assignments and submit them electronically I need to be able to read them and create them if possible... I hope this info helps a bit better and thanks again for your help.

PoetDoc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use QuickOffice Pro HD for MS Word and Excel files. You can import files through iTunes or from Dropbox or email or whatever. You can create new docs or edit existing docs with QO. Ive been very happy with it. Good reader is also a good app for PDF files and I don't even think I have used all of it's features. I use Upad to take handwritten notes and that app also allows you to mark up PDF files - like articles you may have to read for school - you can highlight and make notes. Some of those apps have free versions so you can take them for a test run before you pay for them.

Use the search on this forum and look for reviews in the app store and online. Some of the apps have users guides online so you can get a pretty good idea what features they each have. There are a lot of options and everyone seems to have their own favorites.. Good luck looking and feel free to ask questions.

Most reactions

Latest posts