What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What new features would make you upgrade to Mini 2?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They may be better memory management going on in Safari too. I keep lots of windows open, and apps, and they all have graphics. I suspect most users do a similar thing too.

The thing is, I notice more crashes on iPad 4, too, and it's got the latest and best guts of all the iPads. I do identical browsing on all iPads I've owned, so I've seen the crash patterns over three years, even browsing the same websites and keeping many tabs open. Some of the crashes are related to RAM, and some I deduce are tied to limits among hardware, firmware and apps.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The thing is, I notice more crashes on iPad 4, too, and it's got the latest and best guts of all the iPads. I do identical browsing on all iPads I've owned, so I've seen the crash patterns over three years, even browsing the same websites and keeping many tabs open. Some of the crashes are related to RAM, and some I deduce are tied to limits among hardware, firmware and apps.

Or janky website code...

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or janky website code...

Yes, that's a possibility, but I notice that crash frequency varies with which iPad I use, even on the same websites, so even if code is bad, each iPad model seems to handle or compensate differently.

I've also got my iPads on debug mode, so I also can see how many errors pop up on websites as I pull them up.

superhoops

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I want 128gb capacity so I can get all my music and photos and videos on it so I don't have to use ITunes Match or photo cloud services. Or at least have an sd card slot

Most reactions

Latest posts