What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Needed to Watch Movies and NOT STREAM

mendinfences

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello -

I need to be able to download movies to my iPad from a WiFi connection NOT at my house and watch them later (offline) at home.

I have an HMDI TV. I recently purchased a Digital AV Adapter and understood that I could connect that to an HMDI cable plugged into the TV. Would it be simpler to just do Apple TV?

My biggest issue is NOT streaming. That is simply not a possibility at my location.

(I apologize in advance. I did a couple of searches in the forums but I just cannot find the answers that I am confident suit this particular concern/need I have.)

Thanks for your help!!!

~linda

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Linda - welcome to the forum! :)

First, I'm assuming that you know 'how' to get movies onto your iPad from the Wi-Fi connection mentioned, e.g. rental from iTunes?

Second, since you have an HDMI TV, click on the image below which is the setup that I have used: 1) Apple HDMI adapter which plugs into the dock of the iPad and provides HDMI output & also charging, if needed; and 2) HDMI cable to connect the adapter to an HDMI input on your TV - make sure that the input on the TV is set for that particular iPad source. Start playing your movie on the iPad which should appear on your TV.

Now there are other options and third party HDMI products - read the reviews on Amazon (or elsewhere), some of these seem to work better than others - the Apple adapter has received generally good comments - please post back your results or any further questions - good luck!

ipad_2_hdmi_adapter.jpg

OP
M

mendinfences

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yippeeeee!!! Thanks. Easy peezy. I am now off too research HOW to retrieve Netflix movies after downloading. Also read that there is a remote control app.

Thank you! Read about all this but not the *exact* situation I have.

Tnx again!

~linda

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Linda - hope all works well for you; please post back if you still have questions?

If your issue is getting movies onto your iPad, try some searching - there are numerous threads/posts on this topic - good luck! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts