What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What languages do you speak?

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is looking very nice! I agree with the online translators, you have to be careful. They are not a one to one translation.

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
Is there a site that doesn't make mistakes? We need someone to volunteer for Italian and Swedish, still and we can't have mistakes.

The best one so far is google translate (it's not perfect though). But you still have to be careful.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

JJK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
biobunny said:
The best one so far is google translate (it's not perfect though). But you still have to be careful.

Sent from my interestingcompanionPad using iPF!

How true. I notice that when I receive emails from some people who work for me. It is obvious that they used Google.

Still I get the message and that is what counts.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited:

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a typical American... mono-language and fixated on English. However, my wife, who is not American, speaks native Armenian and Russian, is fluent in English and Uzbek, and speaks basic Italian. She's trying to teach me Russian, but I'm rather slow. I also have a basic Arabic (Egyptian dialect) and French vocabulary, and can easily get around in Egypt and other Middle Eastern countries. Currently I am also trying to pick up some basic vocabulary in Korean.

lkilgore

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lol SweetPoison, don't be too impressed. I can buy and sell and navigate a taxi very easily in Arabic (the last two years I lived in Alexandria, Egypt), but I really can't carry on a detailed conversation. And now that I live in Korea, I have at least begun to learn enough Korean to travel on the metro and navigate a taxi. I found the pronunciations in Korean to be very hard for my mouth to form. I have no problem with pronunciation in Arabic... that came easy to me.

I'm convinced that if I memorize about 100 words in a language, I can generally get around in that language. Basic words and phrases like - left, right, straight, stop, yes, no, please, excuse me, where is the toilet, nice to meet you, hello, goodbye - can really make it easier to communicate. The main phrase I use in Russian is - ya ochoose gvatit pow russke - which means, "I am learning to speak Russian." Native speakers are then more likely to be forgiving when I butcher their grammar and mispronounce words.

Spaciba. :)

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I speak polish japanese (not So good) english and Arabic . But I love polish and Arabic best of all. I manly speak Arabic and polish because my English is not that good.

Most reactions

Latest posts