What kind of car mount do you use?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by mike.james, Nov 11, 2011.

1. mike.james

mike.james iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can you guys suggest any car mount solution for iPad? or iPad2.
    Or dash mount. Not the one goes back side of passenger seat.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2011
  2. Yarrenbool

Yarrenbool iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    I use the RAMMount with dual windshield suction cups. Solid as a rock. Purchased it from MountGuys web site. Not cheap but got it after I'd tried and returned a cheaper flimsier mount that just would not stay in place. I went for the dual suction cups as the thought of a single cup loosing its suction while driving was a bit scary.

The part that actually holds the iPad comes with different types of clips so you get to choose which suits you best. I picked a set that allows me to keep my iPad in its case, saves time and trouble.
  3. mike.james

mike.james iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Self answer the question, I got one called "auto easel" from yabu.ca and it works pretty good. I can use it without taking off my book style case . And I can even adjust angle. The beauty of this thing is I can use it for other devices if I get new tablet in the future.
    Yabuca auto easel
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  4. zealofsoul

zealofsoul iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not so sure if iPad on your car is such a great idea...
  5. Yarrenbool

Yarrenbool iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    It's a GREAT idea!

As a replacement GPS with a 10" screen I find it a lot safer than a 3" or 4" GPS. My iPad is in a solid holder that I can see easily with a quick glance then my eyes are back on the road. With any other tiny-screen GPS I have to take just a fraction longer to see the information I'm looking for, that fraction longer I'd rather spend looking at the road rather than the GPS.

I must state that I will NOT, EVER, use the background music options of iPad GPS apps while I am driving! Doing that does require taking your eyes off the road, that's as bad as texting while driving. Personally I won't use my cell phone, even hands-free, while driving but I do find, used correctly, the iPad GPS can make driving actually safer. But it all comes down to "used correctly".