What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of apps have you bought?

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
There is tons of free apps in the AppStore, but once in a while, we buy some of them...

Mine I bought:

TVUPlayer
iWebcamera
ReelDirector
AirPlayer
netTV
STTR Mobile
The little crane that could
Demolition Derby
Human Japanese
Moss TV

That covers it I think... What are yours?

VicoPad addict!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
PCalc
Notes Plus
Pocket Informant HD
iDraw
TuneIn
MailShot

I think I must be the only iPad owner who doesn't have even ONE game on their iPad... not even free ones...

Tim
Scotland

Last edited:

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dead space
Penultimate
Pages
Fitness journal
QI
FIFA 11
Need for speed
Plants vs zombies
Cookbook
Splash top remote
Movie vault

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you ever were to buy a game Tim, I'd recommend plants vs zombies. No skill is required, just a strategy thought process.
It's a fun game to pass the time if your ever on a boring Train journey or flight.
You don't really have to be a 'gamer' to enjoy it.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I worry that if I ever start game playing I'd never stop and then I'd have no time for moderating the iPad Forum and you guys would all get away with posting anything you wanted without having to worry about that 'eye in the sky' - well, OK, there'd be Marie's much prettier eye.. :)

Not sure how pretty Colin's eye is.....:D

Tim
Scotland

mikeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plants vs zombies has the potential to dominate your life, so it might be wise to steer clear of it then! I can't get a word in edgeways since my girlfriend downloaded it on her iPhone!

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
PCalc
Notes Plus
Pocket Informant HD
iDraw
TuneIn
MailShot

I think I must be the only iPad owner who doesn't have even ONE game on their iPad... not even free ones...

Tim
Scotland

Live a little man cause no games that's just not normal good work apps thou have you tried ( signmypad )all one word total love it for work

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
PCalc
Notes Plus
Pocket Informant HD
iDraw
TuneIn
MailShot

Tim
Scotland

No , you are not ....there are two of us !;)

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok both of you need to get a game this just it's right what is the world coming too all work and no play makes 

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Blackhart said:
Ok both of you need to get a game this just it's right what is the world coming too all work and no play makes 

I don't know how I would find time to play....all my free time now is spent here !!!!!

Nonie3234

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow - um, okay... I think I went just a LEETLE cray-zee?

50 Greatest Photographs of National Geographic
Action Bowling HD
Aerials
Alarm Clock Monsters for iPad- Waku
AllSubway HD
Angry Birds HD
Angry Birds Seasons HD
Art Puzzles HD - Henri Rousseau Jigsaw Puzzle Collection
ARTREE for iPad
Beautiful Planet HD: A Photographic Journey Around the World
BEP360
Bloom County Library Vol. 1
BroadFeed
Decoded by Jay-Z (Full Version)
DesignScene
Digits Calculator for iPad + iPhone
Documents To Go® Premium - Office Suite
Emerald Observatory for iPad
Explore Flickr - Premium Upgrade
Feeddler RSS Reader Pro
flickr hd
ForeverMap by skobbler (North America Edition)
Fotopedia National Parks
Friendly Plus for Facebook
Game for Cats
Geo Color Pad
GoodReader for iPad
iA Writer
iFish Pond HD
Instapaper
Ions
Koi Pond
Koi Pond HD
Lane Splitter
Little Things™
Living Earth HD - World Clock and Weather
MADDEN NFL 11 by EA SPORTS™ for iPad
Magic Fiddle
Magic Piano
Magic Window - Living Pictures
Mahjong Epic HD
Mandalas Coloring Book
Maplets ― Maps for National Parks, Subways, Ski Resorts and more
Maps
Memory of Colors presented by Fotopedia
Mirror's Edge™ for iPad
miTypewriter for iPad
MLB.com At Bat 11 for iPad
Moxier WeatherCaster
Need for Speed™ Hot Pursuit for iPad
Noteshelf
Obsessed With Hollywood - Movie Trivia Game
Pimp Your Screen - Home Screen Wallpapers and App Shelves
Pinball HD
Pixellent: Photos - Fun pics
Pocket Pond HD - Pond Pack
Pocket Pond HD Creature Pack
Popular Science+
Popular Science+ Annual Subscription
Project Magazine
QuakeWatch - Latest Earthquakes Info
Real Racing 2 HD
ROCK BAND Reloaded for iPad
SCRABBLE for iPad
Solar System for iPad
Stereolizer
Strange Rain
The Atavist - Lifted
The Daily Show
The Early Edition
The Elements: A Visual Exploration
Tiny Wings
Top 100 Tips - for iPad
Trickle for Twitter
TuneIn Radio
TweetMag
U.S. Census Atlas
Vogue
Vogue April 2011 Cover Exclusive
Weather HD
Weather+
Web Albums for iPad - A Picasa Photo Viewer, Uploader and Manager
Wikihood Plus for iPad
WindowSeat
WIRED Magazine April 2011
WIRED Magazine February 2011
WIRED Magazine March 2011
World Atlas HD
World Pocket Reference

lombardi3g

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pocket Informant HD on the iPad?

Pages
Keynote
Numbers
PCalc
Notes Plus
Pocket Informant HD
iDraw
TuneIn
MailShot

So how do you like Pocket Informant HD on the iPad? I used it intensively on my iPhone but searches became terribly slow. I'm using WeekCal on my iPad2 and like it (just a tad flaky from time to time) but I never gave PI another chance.
TIA, Allan

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pages
Keynote
Numbers
PCalc
Notes Plus
Pocket Informant HD
iDraw
TuneIn
MailShot

So how do you like Pocket Informant HD on the iPad? I used it intensively on my iPhone but searches became terribly slow. I'm using WeekCal on my iPad2 and like it (just a tad flaky from time to time) but I never gave PI another chance.
TIA, Allan

I, too, read that Pocket Informant was buggy but, in my (admittedly) limited experience, I’ve found no problems at all. It has a very nice user interface that's almost infinitely configurable - a complaint that many Forum members make about the iPad’s native ‘Calendar’ app. So you can choose how tasks, events, projects, appointments are colour coded and there is a wide choice of notifications and alarms - so, for example, you can have different alarm sounds for different categories of notifications.

Pocket Informant ‘sits on top’ of the iPad's native ‘Calendar’ app and (optionally) imports all entries that it finds there. They can be colour coded so they can be distinguished from entries made in Pocket Informant itself.

This is important because many other iPad apps use the native ‘Calendar’ app as the default place to put events, invitations etc. So, for example, if you are invited to a meeting by email and you receive that invitation in the iPad’s native ‘Mail’ app, that app can automatically (and quite cleverly) insert that invitation into the default calendar app. Without that integration between the native app and Pocket Informant, you'd have to enter those invitations all over again.

Pocket Informant has lots of ‘hidden’ features too. One of the reviewers remarked that part of the ‘fun’ of using Pocket Informant was discovering them!! The display is infinitely configurable - day, week, month, year at a time. Tasks, events, overdue tasks, projects, projects in progress etc etc all can be optionally displayed on the main calendar. Projects and tasks can have infinitely nested sub-tasks and projects - these can cleverly be integrated with GPS - so, say you needed to purchase some goods from the hardware store. Put that in a To-Do list and link it to the location of the hardware store using the iPad’s native ‘Maps’ app. Next time you’re driving past the hardware store, up pops the notification (‘Remember to purchase some 2â€x4†timber’).

Repeating events are very flexible too, with the ‘custom’ mode being infinitely (I keep using that word!) configurable. So, meetings that occur on the last Thursday and first Monday of every other month - no problem.

It can sync with external calendars - Google for example - and back-up is cool, it creates a backup file that you can email to yourself for safe keeping. If you lose your iPad or all your data is corrupted, that backup can be imported back into Pocket Informant with a single click.

You can create multiple diaries within Pocket Informant - say ‘Work’, ‘Family’, ‘Golf Club’ etc and have their entries optionally displayed on the main screen or restricted to the display of the individual diary. So it’s easy to check if there’s a clash between the golf tournament and your wife's birthday - and hide it if there is......

If you surf to the developer’s web-site, you can download for free a very comprehensive User Manual that will show you in detail what Pocket Informant can do.

The developers are constantly updating the program - always a good sign in my view.

As I said at the beginning, perhaps I'm not a particularly demanding user, but I’ve had no stability problems at all. I should add the usual disclaimer that I have no contact or other relationship with the developers of Pocket Informant other than being a very satisfied customer.

Tim
Scotland

nezing

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let's see,my fav apps that I like best are:

Flipboard,IMDB,T3,Live Station (tv feeds),Dropbox,Pulse,BBC iPlayer,Azul Media Player,which seems to play most accesable video formats,
Adobe Photoshop Express,and of course,the famous Garageband.:)

Neil.

Most reactions

Latest posts