What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite thing to do with the iPad Pro?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Reaction score
After reading many reviews and a few thoughts, I am curious what our members do the most on their iPad Pro...are you watching movies, drawing, composing music, reading emails, surfing the net...

Whatever your favorite thing is - does the screen size have an impact on how enjoyable it is :)...

Sound off below on what your favorite task or activity is with your new iPad Pro!

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
i had delivery of my Pencil and smart keyboard this morning, a week after my ipad arrived. it now feels 'complete'. it's sitting on my home office desk earning it's keep :)

my favorite thing so far is using the Pencil as a general stylus/pointing device. works wonders on every aspect of the Pro, not just optimised software. i didnt realise how easy and good it feels compared to not using my finger.

DavidM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First few days unfreezing it after charging. Now just everything.

iluvmyipad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I finally have the iPad pro, pencil and keyboard. I pretty much use it as I used my other iPads, surging, reading emails, blogs, watching videos, etc. I like the pencil, just wish it worked on anything I'm using. The keyboard and pretty cool. I have to get used to the key, because of my fingernails : (
I have adjusted to the size of the screen, and it works fine on the few games I do play.

My only real concern is when I carry it in my bag. It's so thin, I'm just afraid it will break or bend. I haven't found a sleeve to protect it yet, so for now it stays home and I carry my mini, which is in a life proof case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
OtterBox and Griffin both have iPad pro cases available, the Griffin case is even compatible with the Smart Keyboard.

Preetsingh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use ipad pro for GPS while traveling by air. It gets signal quicker than others, its GPS IS BETTER THAN my handheld Gps like BAD ELF PRO/HOLUX etc. Its gps when used w ith maps.me is excellent. I can see map in detail on its bigger screen.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Interesting seeing what others do. I have had an iPad since iPad 1, first week and soon found I could do basically everything (docs, spread sheets, reading, surfing, note taking, music, art, etc) with a bit of research for the best apps and when we got a semi split screen (with IOS 8 I guess) I was able to pretty easily do everything (but photo processing in Photoshop and Lightroom with organization) on my iPad. I was on a custom built Win PC and have used Win since one of the earliest ones.

I moved totally to Apple this Fall with a Macbook Pro 15" but I still use my iPad 90% of the time. Love continuity, air drop, etc etc. BUT I have fallen in love with the large screen of the Pro and expect by Fall when I feel my Air will need upgraded I'll move there. The intro of the 9.7" Pro yesterday has made me think about what size works best for me in the iPad, esp. since I do have the Macbook, but still think it will be the big one. My husband's Air 2 has the full split screen and since I do a lot of cut/paste I will love this--will also love all I can do photographically on it also (I upload from my camera to the iPad)---for instance also using the Astropad app with my Mac for Photoshop and Lightroom. Hard to wait but my Air, though needing charged a lot more often, will do until Fall---and I think I should wait and see what the second gen of the iPad Pro will offer, but wonder if it will be intro-ed in Fall.

I'll continue to check this thread--and hope I start to see some 9.7" Pro posts too. I so love using touch I find myself reaching for the Mac's screen LOL but the Pencil will also be welcome. I use an Adonit BT Touch and its very very good but still have to connect to BT and palm protection varies with the apps for it. Probably won't buy a keyboard cover since the Pro will be used mostly at home and home office (I carry a 6s Plus phone and its fine for day to day for most everything) so will be looking at various covers--recently got an email about the STM cover for the big Pro with storage for the Pencil.

Expect the iPad Pro will be my choice for travel too instead of my Macbook.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I succumbed to buying the 12.9" Pro this week with a nice discount. I will say yes, that the big screen does impact my enjoyment and use of it without being unwieldy. I did not buy the Pencil, my Adonit BT Touch is great for my needs, both with the Astropad app for Photoshop and Lightroom in concert with my Mac and other marking and writing uses though its still possible I may buy it down the line. I also haven't bought a keyboard cover and will think about that and how much I will carry it away from home office and home. I'm using the original Apple BT keyboard which works great with the inexpensive cover I bought. I find it also very good with the QUERTY type onscreen keyboard (The added top row) for typing in my lap as I'm doing now. The split screen is extremely useful for me, perhaps not as much for others, so I'd say the size of the screen, the speed and power of it are exactly what I'd hoped for. Others may not feel the need of the bigger screen and the 9.7" Pro or the Air 2 would be the better choice for them.

Most reactions

Latest posts