What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your favorite OS for your mobile device?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First impressions last. I'm sure not all Windows phones are worthy of being turned into projectiles, but after my HTC, I couldn't be paid to have one. I hated that thing. One reason I have an iPhone. I took the HTC back after it broke for the second time, and politely suggested the store might like to give me whatever was new. The iPhone 4 had just been released.

I had a Motorola Q running Windows Mobile. Nightmare! Had to live for two years while that thing....

Moved to Blackberry Curve....first smart-ish phone that actually worked...and still works. I use it as an alarm clock (a backup).

Then to HTC Droid Incredible....was good at first, but begin to get slow and crashy...then finally it just self-destructed. Endless booting loop. HTC, Google, and VZW all in the mix and no solution.

Now, iPhone 4S. So far so good. I do have a lot of apps, but I could still go back to Android....we'll see.

I think the phone space has become nutty. Quad-core CPUs on a phone? 5-inch screens? A phone as a mobile office?

I might go back to a dumb phone...and just have tablets as mobile mobile device/mobile office. We'll see.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the phone space has become nutty. Quad-core CPUs on a phone? 5-inch screens? A phone as a mobile office?

Love my 5" phablet. To me, it makes more sense than a mini iPad, because I can carry one device on the go most days. I'm not a gamer, nor do I use my cell as a mobile office, but I can see the uses for higher-end devices for various consumers. I figure it boils down to choice, and consumers best knowing what works for their needs. Last I read, the latest Samsung Galaxy Note had reached 10 million in sales. I figure at least most of those 10 million buyers know what they want.

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
First impressions last. I'm sure not all Windows phones are worthy of being turned into projectiles, but after my HTC, I couldn't be paid to have one. I hated that thing. One reason I have an iPhone. I took the HTC back after it broke for the second time, and politely suggested the store might like to give me whatever was new. The iPhone 4 had just been released.

Did they give you the iPhone ??

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Love my 5" phablet. To me, it makes more sense than a mini iPad, because I can carry one device on the go most days. I'm not a gamer, nor do I use my cell as a mobile office, but I can see the uses for higher-end devices for various consumers. I figure it boils down to choice, and consumers best knowing what works for their needs. Last I read, the latest Samsung Galaxy Note had reached 10 million in sales. I figure at least most of those 10 million buyers know what they want.

I'm not so convinced about consumers knowing best what works for their needs....that herd mentality is very strong....but folks certainly know what they want and have the right to spend their money as they see fit, and that is the bottom line.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tlbaker said:
Did they give you the iPhone ??

Sent from my WiFi Black 64GB iPad with Retina Display in NYC using iPF

I just had to pay the extra. The contract carried on from it's original start date.

I'm still well pleased with the iPhone 4, so I'm not sure whether I'll be updating when the contract is up, or trying to screw a better deal out of the phone company.

OP
D

dreamerdonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was asking about which one is your favorite OS. But at the end its turn out that everyone is telling which OS they hate. :D

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not so convinced about consumers knowing best what works for their needs....that herd mentality is very strong....but folks certainly know what they want and have the right to spend their money as they see fit, and that is the bottom line.

I tend to trust people to make their own choices amd not assume herd mentality, though there is some of that among the weak minded.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was asking about which one is your favorite OS. But at the end its turn out that everyone is telling which OS they hate. :D

I like both Android and iOS.

I'm on my new Samsung Galaxy Tab now. Just unboxed it and am charging.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finished loading all my widgets and content to my new Galaxy Tab. Tried my SD cards from my Galaxy Note, which worked right off, so I have lots of flexibility with storage. Love that.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Woohoo--Kaykaykay, so excited for you! :)

Thanks, Ski. Happy with the new 7" tab. Think I will get a full-size one next, but will wait a bit. So many toys, not enough time.

I just ordered a free iPod touch 5 64GB with credit card points, so will give my touch 4 to my husband, who will keep it docked in the kitchen. Right now, he's using an iPhone 3G for that. He was using an iPad 1 for the kitchen, but we gave it away to someone needy who'd get more use out of it. The iPhone 3G is (not surprisingly) sluggish.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Ski. Happy with the new 7" tab. Think I will get a full-size one next, but will wait a bit. So many toys, not enough time.

I just ordered a free iPod touch 5 64GB with credit card points, so will give my touch 4 to my husband, who will keep it docked in the kitchen. Right now, he's using an iPhone 3G for that. He was using an iPad 1 for the kitchen, but we gave it away to someone needy who'd get more use out of it. The iPhone 3G is (not surprisingly) sluggish.

My brother just bought one and he is very happy with it. It's a very nice device, especially that size. He just loves his. I think that the android tabs seemed to have improved some since I had my last one, based on what I have seen and played with just recently.

I have an iPod touch 4th gen, which seems to be a little slow when I compare it to my iPhone. I'll be buying an iPod touch 5 for my niece for her birthday and will be interested to see how responsive it is.

I did see your comments earlier about giving your iPad 1 to someone in need. I bet he is just so thrilled about having it!! :)

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother just bought one and he is very happy with it. It's a very nice device, especially that size. He just loves his. I think that the android tabs seemed to have improved some since I had my last one, based on what I have seen and played with just recently.

I have an iPod touch 4th gen, which seems to be a little slow when I compare it to my iPhone. I'll be buying an iPod touch 5 for my niece for her birthday and will be interested to see how responsive it is.

I did see your comments earlier about giving your iPad 1 to someone in need. I bet he is just so thrilled about having it!! :)

My Galaxy Tab is a $200 device, so I was realistic going in. I wasn't expecting iPad-level performance given the price diff, but I'm happy with it. I figure I won't "overbuy" if my use for a device is limited -- I wanted it so I could use SD cards for movies when away from home.

I really like my touch 4 and wouldn't have upgraded, but for the credit card points, which made the touch 5 free to me.

Giving the iPad away was good. It wasn't getting much use since I have so many gadgets, and the kid is a good boy from what I've seen. I go to their family business and the kids are always around, so that's when I see them. I know the family works hard, but still has limited means, so I figured he was a good recipient. The funny thing is, his little brother was very excited about the router I gave them. I have no clue why a router would excite a kid, lol.

emily66012

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houston-heaters.com
It's been awhile since I did a poll to see what is on the mind or in the hands of you guys, this latest poll is all about the Mobile OS you use on a daily basis and prefer.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been awhile since I did a poll to see what is on the mind or in the hands of you guys, this latest poll is all about the Mobile OS you use on a daily basis and prefer.

I'm going to take a wild guess: If you do such a poll on an iPad forum, the results will be iOS; if you do such a poll on an Android forum, the results will be Android; and so on, lol.

Most reactions

Latest posts