What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your 4G LTE experience with AT&T

TechnologyWriter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a writer looking to get a few people's opinions about their LTE experience with their iPad (or any other 4g LTE device is fine too) for an article. Is anyone willing to message/email/chat/talk? If so I'd much appreciate it--please contact me ASAP via private message. Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.

Thanks in advance for the help
JC

OP
T

TechnologyWriter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been viewed 600 times and I've only had one person reply. Any chance anyone else with AT&T 4G LTE is willing to give me a simple quote about their experience? I'd very much appreciate it!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use AT&T 4G, but this article seems pointless if you're just soliciting random comments this way.

OP
T

TechnologyWriter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kaykay--The hope is that someone who uses AT&T would be willing to speak with me and answer questions. I'm not looking for authoritative commentary on the technical aspects, I'm looking to speak with actual consumers to comment on their experience. So is that you (assuming you have an LTE device, not just 4G/HSPA+)?

Last edited:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Kaykay--The hope is that someone who uses AT&T would be willing to speak with me and answer questions. I'm not looking for authoritative commentary on the technical aspects, I'm looking to speak with actual consumers to comment on their experience. So is that you (assuming you have an LTE device, not just 4G/HSPA+)?

I don't see the point of your story, so won't go on record.

On background (meaning you may not quote or refer to what I post), I'm on AT&T LTE on my Android phone. I've been on it for only a month+, but it works depending on location. Some areas spotty, some strong, just like with AT&T 3G (now with fake 4G label on iPhone).

I've used AT&T for years, on iPad, iPhone (three generations) and now Android phone. Customer service is great, but coverage varies with location. I'm grandfathered on gravy train plans for unlimited 3G and 4G (they let me transfer unlimited iPhone 3G to unlimited LTE on Android phone).

In the month-plus, I've used my LTE in three major metros -- both coasts and Vegas. Mixed results. Top speeds of about 25 Mbps; sometimes can't get much signal, depending on location (trees, hillsides, etc., crap out signals at times).

Comparing between AT&T 3G and LTE, LTE is OK. I wouldn't switch just because of speed, because LTE is a battery suck.

Most reactions

Latest posts