What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is this "Gesture"?

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In Settings, in General, then Multitasking Gestures, it says that you can use 4 or 5 fingers to "Pinch to the Home Screen". Well, it doesn't seem to work. When I'm on say, page 4, and do a pinch, it doesn't do anything. And I really don't know how to pinch with 4 or 5 fingers.... What does "Pinch to the Home Screen" mean? This gesture doesn't take me to the Home Screen.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In Settings, in General, then Multitasking Gestures, it says that you can use 4 or 5 fingers to "Pinch to the Home Screen". Well, it doesn't seem to work. When I'm on say, page 4, and do a pinch, it doesn't do anything. And I really don't know how to pinch with 4 or 5 fingers.... What does "Pinch to the Home Screen" mean? This gesture doesn't take me to the Home Screen.

It is used when you have opened an app and want to close it quickly to get back to your homescreen without using the "Home" button. Put all five fingers on the screen and slide (pinch) them together.

Last edited:
OP
I

imember

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is used when you have opened an app and want to close it quickly to get back to your homescreen without using the "Home" button. Put all five fingers on the screen and slide (pinch) them together.

Perfect answer! Thanks so much!!! :)

Most reactions

Latest posts