What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the point?

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Holly said:
Give it retina display and I will be lining up for one

Can't agree Holly, I spent a good 45 minutes with a mini right next to a 4 at Future Shop (Best Buy) today while the wife was getting a manicure. Sure, the 4's graphics were droolingly great compared to my 2 but the mini was no worse than the 2 either. Depends what you want to do with it. If the weight, size and price appeals....go for it. If you want to zoom in to compare electron microscope slides, perhaps not. It's all a matter of needs.

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wolfpuppies3 said:
The mini makes a better reader than the maxi pad. Easier to hold, easier to place in coat pocket. Makes infinite sense.

I cannot stress enough how tough it was, not to comment on the virtues of a maxi pad, but I didn't ....... I didn't ....... No, not a word!

image-4258458966.jpg

Edit: My bottom lip is now bleeding from biting it......but......no...forum rules......oh boy....

Sent using my iPad 2 - 16Gb - Wi-Fi only

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol@maxi-pad. I bet Apple didn't see that coming.

I'm still convinced the mini is ideal for kids. I use my iPhone as a mini iPad, so I'm sure I'd use one if I had it. I'd also use an MBP. Whichever device falls most conveniently to hand is the one I'd pick up at the time. Do I NEED any of them? I went enough years without them, so no. But I also like my toys.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It is definitely NOT a question of need. It's a question of I just want it and I like its size. Would like it better with retina.

toj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Mini is my first iPad after debating for years over a regular sized iPad. The delay has not been based on price necessarily, but it really was mainly because it was smaller and more portable and I thought if I was able to take it around with me everywhere that it be a better justified cost if I found it didn't get used. The Mini fits into whatever bag I am toting around every day and is light. After using it every day for hours since launch, it has served its purpose well and I can now see how the regular sized iPad can fit into my life. I consider the Mini an entry level, testing the market purchase that is a big success - and it has great battery life. As much as I would have liked one with retina that is this size, I am not sure they could have produced one this thin and light with retina and I did not want to wait another year to find out. Plus, I was tired of waiting and just wanted one this size. Now I just want a 4, but will wait until the 5's come out.

Most reactions

Latest posts