What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Surboy, Apr 23, 2011.

1. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    I'll be interested in hearing a couple of things about the i-prop pillow device.

I can't find any information on the "fill" material for the pillow, itself, on the product website. If it's those tiny packing balls, (frequently used on lapdesks), they tend to lose their shape over time resulting in the pillow "flattening" out. Not necessarily a problem if the pillow can be re-filled but I don't see a way to do that or a replacement source for the fill material.

Second, it's clear that the iPad is not held in place, i.e. not attached to the i-Prop. The video shows what I think is a strap on top of the i-Prop that can be used in conjunction with the thumb over the edge of the iPad to move the two together but I'm a bit skeptical about that operation. I'd be especially hesitant to try the one-handed operation shown in the video where the i-Prop/iPad are placed in the engine bay of an automobile. :D

2. eozen81

eozen81
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Since iprop has a zip, i believe if there comes a day and that fabric in iprop loses its strength i can create a similar one with a sand bag :) Think about a fabric full of sand, i believe it can work if we need to replace iprop material.

3. jsh1120

jsh1120
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    That's encouraging. I think sand might be a bit on the heavy side but if you can replace the "fill" with an equivalent substance, it's a good design feature. Hope you'll update with a review when you receive it.

4. eozen81

eozen81
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use smart cover as well but it's not working well in the bed or on the sofa while you want to keep Ipad closer to you without harming your neck.

5. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    The original Apple case is excellent.

6. TashaJoyce

TashaJoyce
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    An iPad floor stand would do the trick, I think:eek:

7. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    iProp *Stand* Review

A few days ago, I ordered the iProp Stand which I mentioned earlier in the thread, and received it today. Assembly was quite easy and the construction very solid. What is portrayed in the Gallery pictures on the site is exactly what one gets.

The stand can be easily adjusted to different heights and angles and is very well built... overall, even better than I thought it would be. I am typing with it in bed right now and, though I've just starting using it, it seems to be the perfect solution for reading in bed to me. I have a feeling that I will be using this a *lot.* It's now clear why others have said that they love their iProps.

These are my first impressions...

#67 info, Sep 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2011
  8. leelai

leelai
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll wish you got 2 next, I did, one for upstairs, bed and bath and one for downstairs. Glad you liked it.

9. info

info
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    I'm already beginning to think that you are right. Thanks for your help leelai. :)

10. perpulhaiz

perpulhaiz
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I think the Hanfree stand starts shipping in November. $80...I might have order one.

#70 perpulhaiz, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011