What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

ipadaviator

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The AppStrap - Great for Reading in Bed

I have to chuckle at some of these solutions...then laugh again at what they must cost. For $45 I got an AppStrap for flying and realized it's probably better for reading in bed than anything! Perfect, adjustable, and rugged. The AppStrap – iPad + AppStrap = Best Pilot Kneeboard Available!

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

Attachments

• APPSTRAP_iPad_Pilot_kneeboard.jpg
    APPSTRAP_iPad_Pilot_kneeboard.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 3,714
Last edited by a moderator:

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An old thread but I want to ask here as well.

I'm completely looking for a gadget like previous iProp holder like below, any idea If there is a similar to this awesome product?

beavery

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In bed I use one of these http://www.thebookseat.com/default.asp
It essentially a beanbag for books. While it is designed for books, it does hold the iPad quite well. The only thing is that because the iPad is flat, where books have a spine, when moving it( or yourself) around it does have a tendency to 'tip' the iPad out. Meaning you will need to hold it till you finish moving.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Forum Rules. No external links.

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm cheap at the moment and I just prop it up on my knees in bed. To watch movies I come out in my family room and prop it up on the SmartCover on the edge of my coffee table and that works for me. Though some of those stands are sweet. Wish I could fork out the $ for one!

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apologies if it's already been mentioned. The Wedge-E is a great in-bed as well as on desk/table stand for the iPad as well as e-readers.

Wedge-E - The best iPad holder and iPad stand!

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips but IMO Wedge-E is something not flexible like puffy iProp.

That bookseat looks good but I guess unncessarily too big.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I use the iPad in bed, I'm always a bit concerned that I will fall asleep and crush it. Ideally the the "clamp" style that hangs above one's head would be available at a reasonable price. I missed the promo for the iProp I think it was and now the price is almost double. I wonder if anyone has found a really good one of these at a price under $100 (I've seen the ones mentioned so far).

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Finally I found out a i-prop seller who ships to my country and I ordered 2 of them. BTW below 2 videos of this product are very good to see how it works. In my opinion it's simple but very very efficient and does its hob quite well.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is a mistake above where I referred to the iProp, I forgot the name of the stand that I was looking at. It had a clamp and an adjustable metal pole that could suspend the iPad above ones head in bed.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is a mistake above where I referred to the iProp, I forgot the name of the stand that I was looking at. It had a clamp and an adjustable metal pole that could suspend the iPad above ones head in bed.

Not surprised that you're confused. Different products with almost the same name. If you google "iProp" you'll find the one you were referring to. (iProp | Hands Free use of iPad)

However, if you look at (iProp&#8482 Universal Tablet Stand for Apple iPadhttp://www.i-prop.net) you'll find the pillow-like device.

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Not surprised that you're confused. Different products with almost the same name. If you google "iProp" you'll find the one you were referring to. (iProp | Hands Free use of iPad)

However, if you look at (iProp™ Universal Tablet Stand for Apple iPad) you'll find the pillow-like device.

I see. Thanks. :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've actually seen 3 products now all called the iprop. I have the iprop stand, the tall one, it really is great for everything. I use it when I'm sitting on the lounge and when I'm laying in bed. Works well for both. It gets a little jiggly if it's on a hard floor surface though, but if I just put my leg against it, this will stop it. I like the look of the bean bag iprop and may even get one of those. The other iprop I've seen is a 3 legged easel type application. It's some sort of silver metal and only about 8 inches tall. It cradles the iPad.
And that one is available in the Apple store here, Australia. I guess they will have to work out who owns the name now.

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For iprop above I orderd in message #69, you can follow/contact the responsible on twitter account. He helped me a lot. Basicaly they have got distributers for different continents and this is making things a little complicated. i.e I am from Turkey and order via an Australian seller (realdeal.net.au) but they will ship my iprop from Hong Kong :)

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
eozen81 said:
For iprop above I orderd in message #69, you can follow/contact the responsible on twitter account. He helped me a lot. Basicaly they have got distributers for different continents and this is making things a little complicated. i.e I am from Turkey and order via an Australian seller (realdeal.net.au) but they will ship my iprop from Hong Kong :)

Twitter

I am an Australian, I have noticed the same convoluted way that people are doing business nowadays. I guess it's the way of the future. And probably much more simpler as far as they are concerned. I'll have a look at it on the site you mentioned. Thanks for that.

eozen81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an Australian, I have noticed the same convoluted way that people are doing business nowadays. I guess it's the way of the future. And probably much more simpler as far as they are concerned. I'll have a look at it on the site you mentioned. Thanks for that.

No problem bro. I hope It will cause my pillow issue while I sit on my couch but I am a little hesitated If it will be a little short on my knee unlike a pillow. A pillow actually is working fine but it does not allow to stabilize IPAD. Anyway I will let you know my comments once I get it :D

Most reactions