What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the perfect stand to use with the iPad in bed?

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are the only company shipping an actual stand for the bed specifically.

I wish I had the money for one of those, they look awesome for watching netflix in bed.

Sendbeer -- It DOES look awesome but maybe you missed the IProp I mention above. It seems to be exactly the same thing yet costs half the price of the Padholder. So why go with the latter? I'm on IProp's email list and was informed there will be an announcement this month of a shipping date next month (i.e., May, hope they didn't lie to me). So maybe you DO have the money for one of those two....

All in all there appears to be at least four of this flexible type stand for sofas and beds, etc. at least in this thread As far as I can tell the Iprop offers the best in functionality and value for price, but you gotta love that there are so many competing products -- we consumers win!!

iProp? -Hands-Free accessory for the Apple iPad ®

I'm on the iprops mailing list too. It also seems pretty cool. $80 is still a little expensive though. :) I'd have to know the top part is "upgradable" for future ipad3,4,5's before I made an actual investment.

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the iprops mailing list too. It also seems pretty cool. $80 is still a little expensive though. :) I'd have to know the top part is "upgradable" for future ipad3,4,5's before I made an actual investment.

I appreciate you're thoughts. Personally I'd rather pay 10 bucks for it, but compared to the other stand at twice the price, and even proportionately to many desk stands, the IProp is an excellent value especially in form and unique function. Also, I really don't think the IPad is going to change so much that later versions wouldn't fit it -- in fact, it would be a colossal business mistake for Iprop to provide a product with built-in obsolescence when the world knows other Ipads are certain to follow.

The IProp certainly isn't for everybody, so ultimately one has to ask himself if this is what they are looking for and would really enjoy owning. If so and beyond that, denying it from yourself just might be a matter of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. As for me, I already paid a first-class price for my Ipad that gives me first-class happiness; so I gotta figure why would I settle for a second class accessory? ;)

Sendbeer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Out of my budget is probably a more apt answer actually. Having just spent $600 on the iPad and another $100 on a zaggmate I really need to cut my spending down. At least for the next month. I'll be keeping an eye on the iprop though. It's an interesting concept.

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are comparing a shipping product, to Vaporware. No comparison. I think the reason why the competitors are having problem shipping is they promised something that can't be delivered for the price advertised. Our stand's cost more to manufacture than $80. To build a quality stand that doesnt fall over and be unstable you need to use expensive parts, no exception. I wish we could manufacture a stand for a third the price, but I don't want to be dealing with returns more than sales....

I'd have to respectfully disagree. The email I received from IProp claims they sent out some units earlier this year but discovered a glitch that needed re-tooling, adding they had a choice of continuing to ship them or making the modification for a better stand to be shipped later ("May"). Any prudent person would have to consider that a reasonable situation for a newly introduced and obviously authentic product. But what do I know, only time will tell. If they lied to me, more than likely they won't get my business.

On the flip side, with folks hesitant to pay even the $80 for the Iprop, I'd have to wonder how many orders you seriously feel you'd get at the whopping price of $150, an amount almost 1/3rd the price of an actual Ipad.... Any way you slice it that's pretty exorbitant for the average Joe who isn't a doctor or lawyer. Both your and Iprop's stands seem to be wonderfully unique products and honestly, I'd LOVE either. I do wish you the best of luck but certainly you must recognize there are plenty of other desirable and less pocketbook-painful options out there. Tell ya what, make it $99.99 and we can talk. ;)

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's Iprop's actual email of April 9th in its entirety if you or anybody else is interested. I see you were correct and I was incorrect in saying it had shipped previously. Otherwise they've made some definitive statements about availability (which I've bolded). Either what they say (update email by Saturday and ability to purchase next month) occurs and they get my business, or it doesn't and I back-track, cave, and probably buy yours. Hell, I gotta give it to you -- at least you came on board to promote and defend your worthy product. Brandon.....?

"Some of you have been waiting for the iPropâ„¢ to begin shipping for a few months now. First of all, we are very sorry that that has not happened in the time we first forecasted. I could go into great detail about the reason why, but the reality is, you just want to know when it will be available for order. Many of you are aware we featured the iPropâ„¢ at the International CES 2011 show in January. We were fully prepared to return from that show and begin accepting orders immediately. However, while at the show a design flaw was exposed. We were faced with the decision of shipping our first orders as they were, or taking the time to analyze the problem and correct it. We chose to improve the iPropâ„¢. This obviously came with a delay in getting the product into your hands and your iPad out of your hands. We have received emails expressing sincere emotions about the status of the iPropâ„¢. Some have even asked if this product is vaporware. I assure you this is not vaporware. Like I said, you probably only really care about when you can go to www.iProp.com and find that you can actually click "Buy Now". That answer is May. We will be sending another email before the end of April with an exact date. Thank you for your patience as we have been working to ensure that we can provide you the most versatile, highest quality accessory for your iPad.

Sincerely,
Brandon Barnard, President
Aspire Innovation, LLC"

Smahoney25

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was sent a prototype of a product that is coming out soon that may help your problem. It's called the typillow. I think its made by the same people that made the typad keyboard case. Its nice and soft, but only fits for the ipad

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was sent a prototype of a product that is coming out soon that may help your problem. It's called the typillow. I think its made by the same people that made the typad keyboard case. Its nice and soft, but only fits for the ipad

Looks interesting. It may or may not be for me but I know it will be just the ticket for many. There are now SO many choices! Anyway, I Googled them and found their website. Check out the last sentence in their ad. They must think a lot of their clientele are idiots to put in something that superfluous! ;)

"Introducing the typillowâ„¢
Experience the softer side of iPad® 2 with our new typillow. This super-soft microsuede pillow holds your iPad 2 securely in place while you lounge. On the couch, in your favorite chair, in bed, wherever! Special micro bead filling adjusts to enhance form and memory for a contoured fit every time! Measures: 17 x 17"

Email me when the typillow will be available!

Patent pending.

iPad 2 not included."

MikeVB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IProp on Schedule for May 16th Shipping Date!

For anybody who cares, true to their word, IProp DID send the status email yesterday claiming they can be ordered in just a few weeks. This would be my first choice of one of the several side-of-couch/bed/hot-tub hands-free stands available. Anyway, their email was short so here it is in its entirety:

Everything is going as scheduled since the last update and we plan to begin shipping May 16th. Currently, our website www.iProp.com is being completely redesigned with the shopping cart integration. It will be completed, tested and launched with a brand new look within the next 2 weeks. When it is launched, we will send the coupon codes that will be valid for free shipping on orders in the USA. Look forward to hearing from us again very soon!

Here's a couple of photos to show any who aren't aware of this the general concept: Mikey likes! :) [BTW, there's a LIVE DEMO on the above link.]

iprop-642x415.png

hero-04.png

Last edited:

AppleFreak85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
there's so many out there!
this one took my fancy at the gadget show here in the uk so i got one of these! i have to say it is everything i could want from a stand and great for my boyf to play racing games and things on
what do you reckon?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzSBRtRnF8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXzSBRtRnF8[/ame]

Padholdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padholdr.com
IProp on Schedule for May 16th Shipping Date!

For anybody who cares, true to their word, IProp DID send the status email yesterday claiming they can be ordered in just a few weeks. This would be my first choice of one of the several side-of-couch/bed/hot-tub hands-free stands available. Anyway, their email was short so here it is in its entirety:

Everything is going as scheduled since the last update and we plan to begin shipping May 16th. Currently, our website www.iProp.com is being completely redesigned with the shopping cart integration. It will be completed, tested and launched with a brand new look within the next 2 weeks. When it is launched, we will send the coupon codes that will be valid for free shipping on orders in the USA. Look forward to hearing from us again very soon!

Doesn't look available on their site???

Padholdr stands SHIPPING NOW!

AAD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tablet-Holder iPad stand

Sold out the first week they were in stock, so mine isn't going to be here for another week. it isn't as nice as the Padholdr stand by any means, but for $80 I'm sure it will do!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts