What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the name of this app!?

ggrreegg811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the name of the app that allows you to save web pages and other documents that usually require wifi, so that you can view them when you are no longer connected to wifi. I know there is on out there! Thanks!

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
The reader function built into safari since iOS 5 does this. Alternatively instapaper is probably the app your thinking of.

jimt29

iPF Novice
Reaction score
See this article: Pocket 4.1 iOS Update Brings Added Video Support, Page Flipping And More | Geeky Gadgets

It's called Pocket and I use it to view stuff off line. There are instructions out there to create a "button"(a favorite) in Safari to automate the process.

photo2.jpg

OP
ggrreegg811

ggrreegg811

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instapaper is the one I was thinking of. But pocket is free and seems to work pretty decent! Thanks guys.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just to clarify, the Reading List in Safari will not let you read off line. It's just a specialized bookmark space for articles you want to look at later; to make it easier to manage them.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No problem.

You can add bookmarklets for some of the apps mentioned. You still need to open that app and let the articles sync before they will be available off line.

Edit:
Oops, looks like the bookmarklet I'm think of (for Instapaper) isn't in the FAQ. I'll forward it to Marilyn so that she can add it.

Editing the Edit:
Wrong again. I'm just blind. The Instapaper bookmarklet is in the FAQ already, right where I thought it was.

Last edited:

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try the "Atomic Browser" it has that capability plus it's a great browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts