What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the meaning of the red seatbelt across the Apps?

Janset

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I all.

I have recently updated my iPad 2 to the latest iOS version. As I was messing around with it, and iTunes on my PC I noticed that when I selected the Apps Tab on the PC, and my downloaded Apps appeared I did notice, and have not been able to workout, is that about half of my Apps have a red diagonal "seatbelt/sash" crossing over them.

Can anybody please shed some light on this newish event and how I may be able to remove same.

I have synced with iTune via my PC but the red "seatbelt/sash" still persists.

Regards

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The apps with the red sash (it should say 'Update') have updates available for them in the App Store. If you just synced your iPad and all apps on it were up to date, chance are the apps showing as needing updates are ones that you do not currently have loaded on the iPad.

The other possibility is that you don't have your sync set to automatically transfer new and updated to iTunes when you sync. You can do this manually by going to the File menu, choosing Devices, then choosing the transfer option (while your iPad is connected to computer and selected in iTunes).

Or you can select the Apps Library (in library mode), the Update tab, and then update all apps at the bottom right. Right clicking on individual apps (with the sash) and you'll get an Update option there too.

Most reactions

Latest posts