What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the iOS 10 jailbreak currently available?

Mbagni

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
Since some time there is a jailbreak that, in short words, installs some certificates and creates a link in the springboard that points to a web site that sounds like cydia (Dear reviewer, I know the policy regarding the URLs but I need to be specific in order to avoid misunderstandings).
Is there anyone that has understood what is it possible to do with this semi jailbreak? Obviously it is not possible to connect to the iPad with a terminal nor installing applications like springtomize, so what is the benefit of such jailbreak.
The fun is that although in the settings it shows that the installed version is 10.1.1, iTunes proposes to update the iOS to the same release (iTunes feels that there is something strange in the installed version).
Thanks in advance for your support.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is no current publicly available jailbreak for any version of iOS 10. There's no way of knowing how much longer the wait for a jailbreak will be. Any site purporting to offer an iOS 10 jailbreak is a scam.

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There is a jailbreak for iOS 10.2, it's buggy, and it's only working for certain devices. The information on this site is right, it's not a scam.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Jailbreaking modern iOS versions is much harder as Apple gets better at searching out and plugging vulnerabilities used by jailbreakers.

Ulrich

iPF Novice
Reaction score
At this point, if you are on a device with iOS 10 (specifically 10.1.1), is there any reason not to update to iOS 10.2.1? Presumably if there ever was a 10.2 jailbreak, it'd also work on 10.2.1?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I saw a warning the other day that said until further notice don't update to 10.2.1, because the jailbreak for it is less stable than in 10.2.0 iOS. And an absolute warning not to udate to the upcoming 10.3, because Apple has closed the key exploits.

My impression was that if you were already on iOS 10.2.1 then you could probably get away with it, but support for it wasn't ready.

It was from whoever has the current, not quite finished, jailbreak. Can't remember the name or article. I'm not invested in jailbreaks, so I don't keep close track of it's state.

Most reactions

Latest posts