What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best screen protector you can buy?

Todd M

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Those screen protectors are cheap(?) insurance. I use a Zagg Invisible Shield (front only).

You do have to be really careful and take your time putting it on to prevent bubbles, but once there, I think it works great! (Disclaimer: I do not work for Zagg and they did not pay me to say that!)

The best part is the guarantee:
"If your invisibleSHIELD ever becomes scratched, torn, or damaged while protecting your device, we offer you a free invisibleSHIELD replacement for as long as you own your device."

+1 I use IS on all my devices. I bought the one for the iPad and it's easy to install and it works great!

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best screen protector currently on the market is the NuShield DayVue film. It not only protects the screen from scratches, but it also cuts glare which antiglare films do not. DayVue is the only film that works outdoors without having to shade the screen. It is also easier to install and can be removed without leaving marks on the screen.

Luvntravln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The best screen protector currently on the market is the NuShield DayVue film. It not only protects the screen from scratches, but it also cuts glare which antiglare films do not. DayVue is the only film that works outdoors without having to shade the screen. It is also easier to install and can be removed without leaving marks on the screen.

Where do you buy it in Australia since you are advertising your own product?

nushieldguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The NuShield DayVue film not only protects the screen from scratches, but it also allows you to see the screen when you are using your iPad outside. For $22.00 it is the best value for your money and it is very easy to install without bubbles.
See what different films look like in action:
Nushield

Drummo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Screen Protector

I brought a cheap one from amazon and it is rubbish.

What is the best one?

On the advice of the shop assistant when I was purchasing my ipad, who already had an ipad, he recommended the Gecko Anti Static spray rather than the screen protector I was going to purchase. (see below)

I must say it's great. Being an anti static spray it leaves a smooth slippery feel to the screen making it easy to slide your fingers across the glass.

Gecko Clearscreen - To Suit iPad/iPod/iPhone/iMac (GG900003) | Techbuy Australia

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the Zagg Invisible Shield. I'm in the US and had Best Buy do the install. It's great. No problem with tacky kind of feeling. Well worth it and I barely notice smudges either, but forget it's even there.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The mobile guys in Best Buy can do it but they charge $14.99. At least they did in my town. However, IS have little kiosks in malls that seem to be more customer service friendly and don't charge for installation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I got the Splash Masque. I can't figure out how to take the top section off after I have applied. When I have a moment, I am going to have to try a new cover (luckily 3 in the pack). In general, I like screen protectors, sure they generally reduce the vision a little, but better than scratching up the screen with too many elemental items to count. If this product doesn't work well, will move over to one of the other ones with good reviews. :ipad-peacock:

Stefx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have a feeling that those who work for NuShield are biased towards the NuShield products
Just a hunch...

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a feeling that those who work for NuShield are biased towards the NuShield products
Just a hunch...

And I could have sworn, if you blanked out the product name, it was describing exactly the antiglare screen which I use (not NuShield.)

Michael Skank

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have ArmorSuit's screen protectors. I have been using them for all my devices. They are really great. It's pretty easy to install and leaves no mess. They have YouTube videos that show you how to install their protectors too.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Michael Skank said:
I have ArmorSuit's screen protectors. I have been using them for all my devices. They are really great. It's pretty easy to install and leaves no mess. They have YouTube videos that show you how to install their protectors too.

Do you represent this product in any way?

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love my splash masque HD screen protector. The key is that it goes on WITHOUT any air bubbles or any annoyances like that. Most of the others I tried were impossible to install without something being wrong. It cost more than the cheaper ones but I got what I paid for and that's what matters.

Most reactions