What is the best remote desktop for iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by MobileSpoon, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Tinman

Tinman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    iTap RDP plays sound on the iPad from the PC. It's not perfect, but it helps. Nice to hear that Farkle sound when you lose a game lol.

As far as RDP, I have tried just about all of them and for me iTap RDP was best. Not the cheapest, but it was fastest with more features--and constantly updated. I bought it long ago for my iPhone and it now works on my iPad too (as native iPad app of course).

Michael

2. donka

donka
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    NTR Connect works great - works the same as LogMeIn but is totally free including the iPhone app. Not sure if there is a proper iPad app yet or not.

3. USBill

USBill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Jump Desktop is on sale today (9/29) for five bucks. I sent them an e-mail asking if they have support for left handed users... But since they have a history of updates, and it was only sawbuck, I decided to try it out. To my delight, it not only supports left handed users,but it is faster and more feature rich than WinAdmin.

Get it now, if you want to save $15.00!

I make my living doing remote support on PCs and I've used a number of remote clients over the years This one's a keeper.

4. DaWeav

DaWeav
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I took the plunge myself today, and so far it's a nice app since it does both RDP & VNC. Worth $5 that's for sure. I have yet to try it over 3G, but considering how well it does over WiFi, I don't expect any problems. Just didn't do RDP audio in my first attempt so going to have to try it again later.

5. tehBrad

tehBrad
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I use splash top. It's great and you don't have to drag to move the mouse it's just tap. Also the videos play exactly like how they would on the pc. ANC sound works! I got it for $.99 don't know if it was discounted at the time though.

6. gentlefury

gentlefury
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    RealVNC is still #1 for me! I use it daily!

7. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Downloaded jump and so far, other than subpar scrolling capabilities, it isn't bad for $5, compared to the other options out there.

I wish it could incorporate more of the feel of itap, especially seeing as technically it is a significantly higher price point, but since the support has been fantastic so farm, I feel comfortable that they may respond to suggestions!

8. newfmp3

newfmp3
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Itap has gotten quite good with their last few updates