What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best or most significant smell you've smelled today?

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My scent[emoji6] Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum (Christian Dior )....

Sent from my Gold iPhone 6 128g using Tapatalk

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's this air freshener scent I have called Eucalyptus Mint and Rain, it smells soooo fresh and airy and amazing lol. The only reason I'm not using it right now is I'm trying to get through all my old Christmas refills this year.

GDsunshine

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So I walk out tonight I plan to buy chips downstairs nearby shop. Wearing my perfume Dior ... I enter the elevator one male neighbor inside muscle man and of course handsome ... Press 1 and elevator goes down well we are just two inside that elevator there was a big toxic bomb blow that I couldn't stand it. Absolutely not me who made that deadly bomb[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]I face the other side of the elevator door. I'm really turn off lol. He didn't even say excuse me[emoji35] not a single word. [emoji40][emoji12]

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So I walk out tonight I plan to buy chips downstairs nearby shop. Wearing my perfume Dior ... I enter the elevator one male neighbor inside muscle man and of course handsome ... Press 1 and elevator goes down well we are just two inside that elevator there was a big toxic bomb blow that I couldn't stand it. Absolutely not me who made that deadly bomb[emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]I face the other side of the elevator door. I'm really turn off lol. He didn't even say excuse me[emoji35] not a single word. [emoji40][emoji12]
So in fact this was today's most significant smell for you. o_O

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's this air freshener scent I have called Eucalyptus Mint and Rain, it smells soooo fresh and airy and amazing lol. The only reason I'm not using it right now is I'm trying to get through all my old Christmas refills this year.

Happy holidays Goofy--nice seeing you back and hope you get all your Christmas air freshners stocked up! I've got a Candle that pine sceng burning right now! :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I've not been in this thread for a while but have had some wonderful 'smelling' experiences! :)

At the moment, I'm heating up a Bialy - this is like a bagel but usually a little thinner w/ a different texture dough and w/ a LOT of onion added - the brand is shown below along w/ a picture - tonight, just some melted real butter, but can be used just like a bagel - smells GREAT and the taste of onion is marvelous! If you've not experience this tasty treat, then a recommendation! Dave :)

images.jpeg
tumblr_lg1yhfdhXG1qd2tyd.jpg

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My Wife is cooking Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, it smells.... WONDERFUL [emoji1]

Sent from my Gold iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My Wife is cooking Shrimp and Pasta with Garlic, it smells.... WONDERFUL [emoji1]

Small world! :) Wife is virtually cooking the same for me @ the moment (shrimp from the Carolina coast) - the garlic smells wonderful! Already have a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc opened (Ferrari-Carano from Sonoma County, CA) - Dave

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, I need to correct myself - Susan was indeed cooking shrimp and garlic emerged from the kitchen, but she was making her Gumbo Soup w/ shrimp, rice, tomatoes, okra, and some great spices - pic below.

Now many holidays are celebrated this time of the year and we are in a mixed Christian-Jewish marriage; and Susan collects menorahs to celebrate Hanukkah, so we are on the third night - another pic added of the menorah on the last day from a few years ago. Dave :)
IMG_1025.JPG
Menorah_09.jpg

Spencerdl

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, I need to correct myself - Susan was indeed cooking shrimp and garlic emerged from the kitchen, but she was making her Gumbo Soup w/ shrimp, rice, tomatoes, okra, and some great spices - pic below.

Now many holidays are celebrated this time of the year and we are in a mixed Christian-Jewish marriage; and Susan collects menorahs to celebrate Hanukkah, so we are on the third night - another pic added of the menorah on the last day from a few years ago. Dave :)
View attachment 61872 View attachment 61873
Now that looks DELICIOUS.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And with that very interesting design of cutlery you can be sure of a good tight grip when spearing those prawns:) Love that dish, so much so that I searched a number of seafood gumbo dishes and will definitely try one very soon.
Have a great Christmas, Dave and Susan!
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
.......... Love that dish, so much so that I searched a number of seafood gumbo dishes and will definitely try one very soon.

Hi Andrew - Happy Holiday Season to you & family ( and to all others on the forum! :))

Susan has two Shrimp Gumbo recipes, a more traditional one (i.e. New Orleans Cajun) which starts w/ the tedious task of making a roux (basically, a flour + a fat, heated and stirred constantly for a long while until a deep brown color is achieved - adds flavor and serves as a thickening agent).

Well, she also has her 'quickie' gumbo recipe which is shown below, for those interested - this does taste different but w/ the scallions, garlic & pepper + the other stuff is delicious - SO, if you're not into making a roux, this is a quite satisfactory substitute - bon appétit - Dave :)

P.S. Important - scale the recipe - for two, Susan buys about a pound of shrimp.
IMG_1028.PNG

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Dave, that looks a good one to try. Had to mull over what are scallions, which displays my ignorance in the cooking field;). We call them spring onions, or sometimes French shallots for a larger size. Interesting those variations in naming. Chicken broth we call chicken stock and shrimp are usually prawns. But the taste of the finished product will be the same.:)
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts