What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best or most significant smell you've smelled today?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well it was mown hay and grass but I think a dead rat is near me as it stinks! In this sun? Yugh. Can't get rid of it because it's under the floor. Yugh!

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just a few days ago I was at Magic Kingdom. The smell of sweet baked goods/cookies/kettle corn was in the air. I just had to have some of it. I ended up buying one of these-though a smaller version! :)
image.jpg

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Oh YUMMY!!! I wish I could take a bite! Or smell those smells! I'd be a goner. [emoji4]

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My shampoo. Supposedly it has a heavy scent, because I couldn't smell anything this day.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I want some of that shampoo!! It must smell really good!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well - guess that I'll join this thread, BUTT I could envision some of the posts being x-rated! ;) (pun intended) - :cool:

At the moment, Susan is cooking Veal Marsala and I'm in my den chair right next to the kitchen, so those smells are in my nose - ALSO, I love Pinot Noir w/ veal, so sipping on the wine below (and of course taking some whiffs from my wine glass). Dave :)
IMG_3003.jpg

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd like some of THOSE things TOO, Lucky, Dave!
Diane.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd like some of THOSE things TOO, Lucky, Dave!
Diane.

Hi Diane - for some reason, I love eating baby animals (mainly veal & lamb chops) - Sunday, I grilled some Australian lamb chops (used a virgin olive oil/fresh lemon juice marinade w/ Herbs of Provence + salt/pepper) - the SMELL was glorious and the taste (of course mostly smell) superb - as usual, I had some Pinot Noir - Dave :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave, now that you've gone into detail...Yum Yum- I hate to know this but me too! Why do baby calves and lambs taste SO good? I block who I'm eating when I am eating those delicious chops, I focus on the incredible aroma and taste! I wish I could be a vegetarian , but I'm just like you ! I just hate to think of the whole process. I can't eat my chickens, even when the hens stop laying there's no WAY I could eat them! So, everyone I know are safe! Strangers Beware!! [emoji39] Diane.

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
From a certain point of my walk today, I could smell the rain, although it was still a few 100 m from my location, maybe because the wind was coming from that direction. I don't think there'll be a more significant smell today.

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The smells carried in my window by the wind! Mostly forest smells.
Johanna, I loves that smell that let's us know rain is on it's way! :) :) What amazes me is how different it smells depending on where you are, ( eg ) if you are in a city e(er lots of pavement and concrete ) of if you are in a large field of * oats! *
* The OB* :D

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We just returned from our local 'shopping mall' Italian bistro (shown below) - nothing fancy and reasonably priced - smells include the house made salad dressing (slight vinaigrette), fresh made bread, & my veal marsala which was delicious! :)
ls.jpg

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YUM!!! Some of my favorite smells!
PS Dave did you see African purse on photo thread? Just curious.:p ! That's me! I should have chosen that as my users name!

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
YUM!!! Some of my favorite smells!
PS Dave did you see African purse on photo thread? Just curious.

Hi Diane - indeed, I did see you African purse in the pictures thread - quite nice - would love to see more details but that iPad camera looks similar to mine, i.e. iPad 2 version! Dave :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave, Yes, so true. Plus I'm laying in bed trying to get it to stay on my knees while I take the photo! Thanks! :)
The best smell I smelled today is my cat of course who go out into the forest and brings it back with her. If only I could recreate that smell! My room would smell like that ALL day long! :D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts