What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best or most significant smell you've smelled today?

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I know where you smelled that!? I think? :);)

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The smell of flooding streets and the muck burning off the exhaust as I was leaving a BBQ place in town after the water level rose way too fast.

Or.... It may have been the pulled pork, brisket, chopped turkey, home made sausage and beans from the restaurant, that was a wonderful cacophony of smells.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The smell of flooding streets and the muck burning off the exhaust as I was leaving a BBQ place in town after the water level rose way too fast. Or.... It may have been the pulled pork, brisket, chopped turkey, home made sausage and beans from the restaurant, that was a wonderful cacophony of smells.

I hope you made it home fine!

And now you've made me terribly hungry! Can I get an order to go?? :D

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The smell of flooding streets and the muck burning off the exhaust as I was leaving a BBQ place in town after the water level rose way too fast.

Or.... It may have been the pulled pork, brisket, chopped turkey, home made sausage and beans from the restaurant, that was a wonderful cacophony of smells.

Riding a motorcycle does add an element, doesn't it? This morning I spent an hour in rush hour traffic smelling exhaust, but there was a bit there where a bakery was making cinnamon buns. :) And folks, if I can smell your cologne/perfume on the street passing at 40mph, you're wearing a bit much! I'm amazed how often than happens - I didn't even know they still made Brut.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Riding a motorcycle does add an element, doesn't it? This morning I spent an hour in rush hour traffic smelling exhaust, but there was a bit there where a bakery was making cinnamon buns. :) And folks, if I can smell your cologne/perfume on the street passing at 40mph, you're wearing a bit much! I'm amazed how often than happens - I didn't even know they still made Brut.

Lol! Cinnamon buns I get, but perfume? On a bike? They must be wearing quite a lot, that and maybe you have a keen sense of smell.....;)

And gosh, Brut, yes, they do still make it! I was really surprised to smell it recently also. A comeback perhaps.??....

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The smell of my new born niece, there just isn't anything to compare! :)

Oh nice is that! Babies smell...so "baby fresh!"

@Squib...great idea for a startup thread!

Currently what I smell is cinnamon on my oatmeal. It's a scent that I never tire of! :)

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah. Neighbors having the grass mowed across the street. I adore the fresh smell of grass cuttings. A sure sign that spring is here - with summer on the way! :D

Marilyn

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My favourite perfume...Opium by Ives Saint Laurent.

kwh79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The smell of softener when I took towels from the washing machine,it's not been an exciting day :)

bab2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The smell of a ravioli soups in a Chinese restaurant this afternoon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Lol! Cinnamon buns I get, but perfume? On a bike? They must be wearing quite a lot, that and maybe you have a keen sense of smell.....;)

And gosh, Brut, yes, they do still make it! I was really surprised to smell it recently also. A comeback perhaps.??....

A friend of mine works in retail and she's always talking about how tons of people - regardless of age - simply don't know how much perfume or cologne to wear, or even their proper clothing sizes (she's actually argued with women abut their own bra sizes). Riding thru an area with a nightclub or downtown during rush hour, I always pass several people that have over done it.

And I'm flabbergasted to learn they still sell/make Brut. I haven't worn that since high school (late 70s). It's like finding out they still make Hai Karate. :)

OP
squib

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Rooster crowing for dinner!

:) Peace begins with a smile :)
- Mother Teresa.
iPad 2

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
A friend of mine works in retail and she's always talking about how tons of people - regardless of age - simply don't know how much perfume or cologne to wear, or even their proper clothing sizes (she's actually argued with women abut their own bra sizes). Riding thru an area with a nightclub or downtown during rush hour, I always pass several people that have over done it. And I'm flabbergasted to learn they still sell/make Brut. I haven't worn that since high school (late 70s). It's like finding out they still make Hai Karate. :)

That is so true about clothing sizes....I think a lot of women are in denial about their size and bras in particular......but most women don't like to be fitted for one so they just keep buying the wrong size. Kinda silly really!

I have a keen sense of smell myself and just loath being near women who have drenched themselves in cheap perfume. It just goes straight to my head!

Late 70's is when Brut became huge here.....everyone was wearing it.....but you know I kinda liked it back then and my big brother wore it too! Just loved those little bottles!

I had to look up Hai Karate....I don't think we had that brand here in OZ. ;)

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
!I had to look up Hai Karate....I don't think we had that brand here in OZ. ;)

Hai Karate's gimmick was that you had to fight the women off. The ads were hilariously cheesy, with a geeky guy in a leisure suit pursued by tons of models. If you've seen The Incredibles, Frozone is putting some on just before his wife's dinner party, when he sees a helicopter crashing outside.

Most reactions

Latest posts