What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I liked the design of that one a lot, but opted for the Apple one only because it seemed to be one-third or one-half of the weight. I was surprised and asked the sales guy why. He joked that the Logictech one must be made out of lead.[/QUOTE]

Were you comparing them side by side or looking at specs? One thought might be that the specified weight might include the Logitech stand.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I had entered into this thread with concerns regarding the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. But, just today, I happened across a different unit that appealed to me. It is the Logitech Tablet Keyboard, which sold for $69.99. I had refunded a two year protection plan on a newly purchased monitor (figuring if it held up throughout the manufacturer's 1yr warranty, I should be good to go).

So I purchased this keyboard, and have to say that I really like it. The pairing procedure is quick, and without event. It also seems to be quite steady about holding the connection. It came with a hard, plastic slip-in cover, which not only offers a degree of protection, but doubles as a stand for one's tablet.

Nice investment.

I liked the design of that one a lot, but opted for the Apple one only because it seemed to be one-third or one-half of the weight. I was surprised and asked the sales guy why. He joked that the Logictech one must be made out of lead.

I can understand your position, as I know that a lot of people prefer to travel light. But I, for one, am in the much smaller camp; of those who really don't mind heavier components, and devices. I guess that it gives me the feeling (amongst other things, of course) that I am holding something of substance :).

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I liked the design of that one a lot, but opted for the Apple one only because it seemed to be one-third or one-half of the weight. I was surprised and asked the sales guy why. He joked that the Logictech one must be made out of lead.

Were you comparing them side by side or looking at specs? One thought might be that the specified weight might include the Logitech stand.[/QUOTE]

I was comparing them side by side at Best Buy. The Logictech one comes with the cover in the same box. They had the origami case on hand, too, so I was comparing that, plus the Apple keyboard, against the Logictech combo. I asked the salesman, he picked up the combo and was surprised by the weight difference, too.

If weight weren't a factor, I would've gone with Logictech. The store had Zagg and three other keyboards, too, and I also ruled out several keyboards at Fry's. Surprisingly, the best keyboard selection I've seen in person has been at airport stores. I travel a lot and spend time in a blur of airports.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had entered into this thread with concerns regarding the Apple Bluetooth keyboard. But, just today, I happened across a different unit that appealed to me. It is the Logitech Tablet Keyboard, which sold for $69.99. I had refunded a two year protection plan on a newly purchased monitor (figuring if it held up throughout the manufacturer's 1yr warranty, I should be good to go).

So I purchased this keyboard, and have to say that I really like it. The pairing procedure is quick, and without event. It also seems to be quite steady about holding the connection. It came with a hard, plastic slip-in cover, which not only offers a degree of protection, but doubles as a stand for one's tablet.

Nice investment.

I can understand your position, as I know that a lot of people prefer to travel light. But I, for one, am in the much smaller camp; of those who really don't mind heavier components, and devices. I guess that it gives me the feeling (amongst other things, of course) that I am holding something of substance :).

Sure, I can understand your preference, too. If I weren't expecting to travel with the keyboard, weight wouldn't be as important to me. I got it mostly because I need to do the occasional bit of work on the road and don't want to bring a netbook or laptop, in addition to iPad.

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts