What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the Best Ipad bluetooth keyboard??

1021yohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which bluetooth keyboard is the best for Ipad?
And, can it be used for other devices, such as laptop, android devices??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use two - the iGo (not made any more but some still around) and the iConnex - available on Amazon - with dedicated iPad keys..

Both are great...so compact and easy to carry with the iPad

Tim

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Depends? What size do you want, do you prefer one that folds, what features do you desire, do you want it integrated into a case, and other questions, such as price?

As a result, you will be getting a lot of different recommendations, so to continue the ones already suggested, I own the Apple keyboard (does not fold but bought a nice compact case and can carry 'on the road') - wife & I really like the 'feel' and size of that keyboard.

If possible and before your purchase, you may want to visit an Apple store and check out a number of different options - this is somewhat a question of personal preferences; also do some searching on the forum, plenty of threads & posts are already available - good luck in your choice(s) - :)

Herrflik

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the apple wireless keyboard and the Origami case for it. puts the iPad at the perfect viewing angle and the keyboard is suitable for lots of typing.

If I need to go really light I picked up a foldable wireless keyboard from Brookstones for the iPad which is also good but wouldnt recommend it when your in an office or need to do extensive typing work as it doesnt hold the iPad in any position. The only gripe i have about it is that it disconnects after a minute to save battery and takes a second to connect again. really long battery life though :)

OP

1021yohan

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Depends? What size do you want, do you prefer one that folds, what features do you desire, do you want it integrated into a case, and other questions, such as price?

As a result, you will be getting a lot of different recommendations, so to continue the ones already suggested, I own the Apple keyboard (does not fold but bought a nice compact case and can carry 'on the road') - wife & I really like the 'feel' and size of that keyboard.

If possible and before your purchase, you may want to visit an Apple store and check out a number of different options - this is somewhat a question of personal preferences; also do some searching on the forum, plenty of threads & posts are already available - good luck in your choice(s) - :)

well. I am looking for apple bluetooth keyboard size. I considered to buy apple keyboard, but I just wanted to know what any kinds of other keyboards are popluar besides apple one. And, that's why I didn't put specific description.
But, I am really appreciated for your advice. :)

Sruments

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just got an Aluminum Keyboard Buddy Case for iPad2 from the store at micgadget.com It is really nice, looks great and works very well.

Dochoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I like....

.....the Zagg case-keyboard. Bought mine for 50.00 on eBay without a cable. Cable cost .99.

User friendly. Nearly bulletproof, Good connectivity with the iPad. (I have the iPad 1 Wifi 32 gb.

Tnx,

Doc

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Any of the combination keyboard/iPad cases will mean a significantly smaller keyboard than the Apple Wireless Keyboard because of the need to make a keyboard no wider than the iPad in its landscape mode.

The AWK is a very good keyboard and works well with the Incase Origami Workstation keyboard case/iPad stand as another poster noted.

Another option is the Microsoft 6000 Bluetooth keyboard. It's less expensive than the AWK ($30 on Amazon) and actually has a better "feel" and a more ergonomic (curved) shape. It's slightly wider than the AWK and doesn't work with the Origami Workstation. However, it's not as thick as the AWK and depending on your travel bag may be a bit more portable because of that.

It also has a separate numeric keypad useful for spreadsheet work. Unfortunately, the iPad doesn't support the keypad. The model with the keypad is about $45.

I use both keyboards; the AWK with the iPad most of the time and the Microsoft keyboard with my larger laptop (though it works quite well with the iPad.) Each has its advantages and drawbacks. Both have very good keyboards if you're picky about key action, placement, and you use a full size keyboard at least some of the time and don't want to adjust to the cramped keyboards of the combination iPad/keyboard cases.

Dochoy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jsh

You are correct about the small size of the keyboard case combos. I have gotten used to the fact that my Zagg is at best a compromise.

I am struggling with getting documents composes in "Pages" out of the iPad and moved to MS Word on my desktop.

The long and short of it is that I don't use the iPad as much for documents or streadsheets as I could. I need to put my mind to it.

Tnx,

Doc

breezur

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the M.I.C aluminum keyboard buddy and I love it. It is is a full qwerty keyboard and even though the small size takes some getting used to its great. M.I.C. designed it to look like a MB keyboard and since it doubles as a case it almost looks like a little computer. My favorite thing is the magnetic sleep mode. The iPad may not be a laptop replacement but this little keyboard makes it look a lot like one.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I type OK onscreen, so I figured there was no point getting a keyboard any smaller than the Apple wireless keyboard. I got that (with an origami case) because it's relatively lightweight and sleek. I also like that it's separate from my iPad, because I can take it only when needed. I probably won't use it much.

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I type OK onscreen, so I figured there was no point getting a keyboard any smaller than the Apple wireless keyboard. I got that (with an origami case) because it's relatively lightweight and sleek. I also like that it's separate from my iPad, because I can take it only when needed. I probably won't use it much.

Same setup and much the same reasons for getting the OW rather than a dedicated combo case. What I've found interesting is that I almost always take both with me when I'm out and about. I just chuck both the iPad and the OW into my Timbuk2 small messenger bag along with the other stuff I carry.

I've had purse envy for a long, long time. :D

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
.....the Zagg case-keyboard. Bought mine for 50.00 on eBay without a cable. Cable cost .99.

User friendly. Nearly bulletproof, Good connectivity with the iPad. (I have the iPad 1 Wifi 32 gb.

Tnx,

Doc

Are all of the Zaggs Blu-tooth or do some have to be plugged in?

NLAlston

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use the apple wireless keyboard and the Origami case for it.

Are you referring to the 'regular' wireless Apple keyboard? I ask this because, just tonight, I visited Walmart to see what they had in wireless/Bluetooth keyboards. They were very limited in what they had, and the only one that really shined was the Apple keyboard, for $69.99. I was ready to purchase, but the employee who assisted me (though very nice) didn't know if it would actually work with the IPad. Of course, I could have bought it and returned the device if, in fact, it did not work for me, without any issue. But I thought it best to wait until I found out for sure.

I don't care to get into the all-in-one offerings (portfolio case with integrated keyboard), because I already have a nice Yoobao portfolio case that I love. All i need, now, is just a wireless keyboard to pair with my IPad1.

Most reactions

Latest posts