What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best app for doing word or excel work???

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are lots of good apps out there, but I have the iWork suite on my iMac and really like it. That said, I would get the Pages app from Apple and the Numbers app from Apple (both part of the iWork suite).

OP
N

Neeman22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, would this work on the iPad 2. And also, silly question, but how the he'll do u change the avatar on this thing, there is just no option at all. Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can't change the afvatar in the iPF app (well, you can but it's a pain). Go to the site and log in with a browser, click on the User CP tab at the top, and choose Edit Avatar from the column at the right.

If you are on the iPad you can choose one of the supplied avatars. If you are on a computer you can choose to upload your own avatar. Pay attention to the size limitations.

It is possible to upload a personal avatar using the iPad, but it's a lot of trouble. Use the computer if you have a choice. If not I'll list the hoops you'll have to jump though to so it using the iPad. Uploading files to web sites is one of the things it's not so good at, unless the site has an app for it, of course.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can any1 give me any advice on this please.

Thanks

One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers if Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

http://help.apple.com/iwork/1.3/mobile/interface/index.html#tan724868a9

Tim

OP
N

Neeman22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. I no these can open word doc's but can you make and edit them.

Cheers

TonyR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Tim. I no these can open word doc's but can you make and edit them.

Cheers

They can open some word documents but only basic ones. You can make and edit them but don't expect the formatting to work when they are exported unless again they are pretty basic. And don't expect to be able to view or create track changes or comments. If you want to do those fire up Word or Excel on a laptop or PC/Mac

Most reactions

Latest posts