What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what is that?

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
image-454372798.jpg is this fixable? or is that the dead pixel? I can notice it on lsolid light and dark colors.
That dark spot underneath

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, we'll need more information: 1) Better picture(s), i.e. a dead pixel is a tiny dot, so show us your concern - I could guess; and 2) Why is your iPad not updated to a 7.x version of iOS - states you have an iPad 3? Dave :)

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, we'll need more information: 1) Better picture(s), i.e. a dead pixel is a tiny dot, so show us your concern - I could guess; and 2) Why is your iPad not updated to a 7.x version of iOS - states you have an iPad 3? Dave :)
Its not actually my ipad, its my ipod.And since there's no ipod forums, i decided to post it here since its technically an apple tablet(ipad), only smaller haha :) here's another one image-1385002716.jpg that dark line thingy underneath.Its not that visible but it bothers me..I'm pretty sure its not a screen smudge coz i've been trying to scrub it all day long.How do you remove that..or atleast what do u call that? the one that is under the network word.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
This shouldn't be a dead pixel, which in most cases is a small tiny dot, something like this.

image-1057913638.png

I think this is an LED damage and needs replacement, but do make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store.

Good luck!

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be a partial failure of the backlight. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you should make a Genius Bar appointment and have a diagnostic done. If it is a hardware issue it would be covered under the warranty if it's not yet expired.

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It could be a partial failure of the backlight. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you should make a Genius Bar appointment and have a diagnostic done. If it is a hardware issue it would be covered under the warranty if it's not yet expired.
One off topic question, does apple protection care fixes the hardware issues(crashing of apps, broken screen, etc;) even if the model is old?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
One off topic question, does apple protection care fixes the hardware issues(crashing of apps, broken screen, etc;) even if the model is old?
With AppleCare + for the iPod touch, hardware issues are dealt with exactly the same as with the original warranty. A broken screen is not covered under the factory warranty but is covered by AppleCare + on payment of a $29.00 service fee plus tax. You are allowed two such claims for accidental damage during the term of your AppleCare +. http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipod.html

OP
B

BlackOropher26

iPF Novice
Reaction score
With AppleCare + for the iPod touch, hardware issues are dealt with exactly the same as with the original warranty. A broken screen is not covered under the factory warranty but is covered by AppleCare + on payment of a $29.00 service fee plus tax. You are allowed two such claims for accidental damage during the term of your AppleCare +. http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipod.html
can i buy apple care for my device to the store in which i didn't bought my ipod?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
can i buy apple care for my device to the store in which i didn't bought my ipod?

Yes you can, but it can be bought only within the 1 year limited warranty period of the device, which I guess is over for you, or else you wouldn't meed the AppleCare+. Unfortunately, you will now have to pay for it. But if a year hasn't passed by since you bought the iPod, you're fine enough and Apple will provide you with a free replacement.

Do make sure you back up your content on iCloud, in case Apple say the device has to be replaced.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A correction: Apple Care + must be bought earlier. This is from Apple Store:

How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
Or buy it within 30 days of your iPod purchase.

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just checked. These are the exact words written in an important note on the Applecare+ for iPod area of the official Apple website : The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your iPod is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details.

Well, thats correct... I got confused between AppleCare Protection Plan and AppleCare+. The latter can be bought within 30 days and the former within a year.

Thank you for the correction!

Most reactions

Latest posts