what is that?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by BlackOropher26, Jun 14, 2014.

1. BlackOropher26

BlackOropher26
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    image-454372798.jpg is this fixable? or is that the dead pixel? I can notice it on lsolid light and dark colors.
    That dark spot underneath

#1 BlackOropher26, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Well, we'll need more information: 1) Better picture(s), i.e. a dead pixel is a tiny dot, so show us your concern - I could guess; and 2) Why is your iPad not updated to a 7.x version of iOS - states you have an iPad 3? Dave :)

3. BlackOropher26

BlackOropher26
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Its not actually my ipad, its my ipod.And since there's no ipod forums, i decided to post it here since its technically an apple tablet(ipad), only smaller haha :) here's another one image-1385002716.jpg that dark line thingy underneath.Its not that visible but it bothers me..I'm pretty sure its not a screen smudge coz i've been trying to scrub it all day long.How do you remove that..or atleast what do u call that? the one that is under the network word.

4. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    This shouldn't be a dead pixel, which in most cases is a small tiny dot, something like this.

image-1057913638.png

I think this is an LED damage and needs replacement, but do make an appointment with the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple Store.

Good luck!

#4 abababababab, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  5. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    It could be a partial failure of the backlight. If you have an Apple Store nearby, you should make a Genius Bar appointment and have a diagnostic done. If it is a hardware issue it would be covered under the warranty if it's not yet expired.

6. BlackOropher26

BlackOropher26
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    One off topic question, does apple protection care fixes the hardware issues(crashing of apps, broken screen, etc;) even if the model is old?

7. scifan57

scifan57
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    With AppleCare + for the iPod touch, hardware issues are dealt with exactly the same as with the original warranty. A broken screen is not covered under the factory warranty but is covered by AppleCare + on payment of a $29.00 service fee plus tax. You are allowed two such claims for accidental damage during the term of your AppleCare +. http://www.apple.com/support/products/ipod.html

8. BlackOropher26

BlackOropher26
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    can i buy apple care for my device to the store in which i didn't bought my ipod?

9. abababababab

abababababab
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Yes you can, but it can be bought only within the 1 year limited warranty period of the device, which I guess is over for you, or else you wouldn't meed the AppleCare+. Unfortunately, you will now have to pay for it. But if a year hasn't passed by since you bought the iPod, you're fine enough and Apple will provide you with a free replacement.

Do make sure you back up your content on iCloud, in case Apple say the device has to be replaced.

10. J. A.

J. A.
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    A correction: Apple Care + must be bought earlier. This is from Apple Store:

How to get AppleCare+
    Add it to your shopping cart during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPod.
    Or buy it within 30 days of your iPod purchase.