What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is iPad used for

acw2606

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What do people in business use an iPad for? I don't mean email and office type apps, I am looking for the most innovative uses in the general Market place.

I am in the telecoms industry and saw an iPad being used by a Fire Service recently to report of the intensity of a blaze and have seen reports of Rail engineers carrying them for trackside application. I recently saw an article reporting that the armed forces are trailing them in hostile environments.

Can you report any innovative uses?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A number of airlines are now using them to replace the enormous number of charts and logbooks that a commercial pilot needs to carry in the cockpit.

Tim

Destroyer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Doctors are using them in their office since you can remote to your computer(patience files, send RX, etc). Exotics car dealer uses as a way to order your vehicle. Some restaurants started use them as a way to order and menu(some high class rest. with a massive wine cellar). I guess that here is the portabily with the beauty of the ipad.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of my clients, Synthes Medical implant devices, has a app that has information about all their implant items. They include their whole product line along with instructions on how to use them. If your a sales rep you get access to pricing as well.

The next step is we will set up a web portal where the sales reps can place orders and then check their status thought the Ipad

As a pilot I use the Ipad and WingX for check weather and route planning for my flights. WingX also provides all my aviation charts and IFR procedures for all public airports

Most reactions

Latest posts