What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is going on

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
iPad 3 YouTube app it seems to me on every other video I click on I get this you do not have permission to access the requested resource. Is this happening to anyone else? Thank you

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I've had that happen a few times but sadly, I have no answer or you but I will be watching this thread for input. Have you tried a few basic fixes? Closing out the app? Powering down? Please update if you find the issue!

sam2caps

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Maybe the videos are not applicable to some users, so, maybe if you sign in? Doesn't occur to me though.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you post some examples so we can check them out. Could be a problem confined to a geographical location. We are spread all over the world so we can check this possibility out.

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi KevinJS
Write down some of the videos I am getting this on ?

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi KevinJS
I am sorry but I do not know how to post a YouTube video link on to here. can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sure. Go to the desktop version of YouTube on Safari, or preferably Chrome, as you'll get there in less steps.

Long press on the address bar, then Select All from the popup options, select Copy, then come back to this thread, long press in the typing space and hit Paste.

That should do it.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's an example.

That doesn't work! See this screenshot.

image-960953378.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi KevinJS
Sorry I just do not understand what you mean. When I open up the iPad 3 YouTube app I can not find anyway to make the link of the video. so I can post it on there for you to see.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hang on. I'll do some screenshots of the steps. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait a while as my iPad is in use and I'll need Skitch.

If anyone else wants to jump in at this point, feel free. Otherwise, I'll do it in about an hour.

darkangelwitch

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kevin43 said:
Hi KevinJS
Sorry I just do not understand what you mean. When I open up the iPad 3 YouTube app I can not find anyway to make the link of the video. so I can post it on there for you to see.

A cheat way of doing the link is in the utube app click Share then Email. This will open a draft email with the link in it. Select and copy the link from the draft email and post it on the thread. Then delete the draft email.

That's how I do it :)

Dark Angelwitch (Surrey)

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Darkangelwitch
Thank you I will try that out

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43