What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad model will you buy?

What model iPad is for you?

• Apple iPad Wi-Fi 16GB - $499

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - $599

Votes: 54 15.4%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699

Votes: 65 18.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - $629

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB - $729

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB - $829

Votes: 95 27.1%

• Total voters

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Question: What do I do to get the keyboard to come up on demand? I've been poking at the screen randomly and sometimes the keyboard appears and sometimes it doesn't.

You have to click on a box for text input - search dialog, reply box, etc.

Jennick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bought the entry level 3G version.. all the features, plenty of storage for me

W24TSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow! I see most of you are going for/have went for the most expensive one!
For one, i couldnt afford that one and two, i dont think i would have a use for a one that big.
I struggled to fill my 8Gb iPhone! lol

Mv350

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16g wifi only just for surfing the next around the house. that all i really wanted it for. and i didnt wanna buy a net book(i hate them). my ipod has over 15k songs on it. so i dont have a need to buy anything bigger than i did.

Cpthook26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol.... Well I see no need to go above the the 16gb WiFi... The music I have only amounts to 4.5gb... I wireless tether 3G for free thru my rooted droid phone...lol, and I view all my .mkv video thru the VPN server app called "Air Video" so I can leave my video where it is on my PC. Let me tell U.... Do your research and quit letting these ISP's take advantage of us by charging extra for features that already exist on our gadgets.

......regards

pocholo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd get the 64bg without 3G. Been thinking, if I'm gonna get one might as well juice up the capacity. No 3G for me though, it just adds to the mobile phone bill.

mswendl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the 64gig wi fi. I thought I would use it to take with me for taking notes at conferences instead of bringing my laptop. I didn't get the 3g because most places I will use it have wi fi. Also, I didn't wan't to spend 15 dollars a month for something I would only use very occasionally. I've heard that the upcoming Motorola Droid will have the ability to serve as a wifi hot spot. If that is true, the next time I upgrade my phone I will get the new Droid and problem solved.

poshpantspaddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I am hoping to get the 16 or 32gb 3G model. There isn't great wifi coverage here in Ireland so 3G is important to have access to the web as most of what I want it for is web based. I'm unsure of what capacity as most my stuff is cloud/web based bar videos but I tend to load them when I need them.

Can't wait for the Irish release of the iPad which is due for July but as yet we don't have an exact date which is driving me kind of nuts.

Snowlady

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 32g with wifi and 3G but so far (about 2wks) have not bought a data pkg to use the 3G. Can't bring myself to pay AT&T for lousy service, or no service as my iPhone never seems to get more than one or two bars anywhere . My goal is to see how long I can survive on wifi. So far, great.

AHMBE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought 32g with wifi and 3G but so far (about 2wks) have not bought a data pkg to use the 3G. Can't bring myself to pay AT&T for lousy service, or no service as my iPhone never seems to get more than one or two bars anywhere . My goal is to see how long I can survive on wifi. So far, great.

Get the Mifi card from Verizon if you prefer them.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I opted for the 32g wifi model and so far I have never been in a situation where I needed 3G.

Most reactions

Latest posts