What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad model will you buy?

What model iPad is for you?

• Apple iPad Wi-Fi 16GB - $499

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - $599

Votes: 54 15.4%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699

Votes: 65 18.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - $629

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB - $729

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB - $829

Votes: 95 27.1%

• Total voters

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Time for a new poll on the front page. For those that are going to purchase the iPad, what model are you leaning towards?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I will probably buy the 600 one. Its the cheapest one that has 3G and seems good enough.

KiltedTim

iPF Noob
Reaction score
16GB WiFi only model for me.

I use dropbox to sync my work documents between my MacBook and iMac and easily fit several hundred files into 2GB of space, so 16GB should be plenty of storage for my documents, apps and enough music and video to keep me going for a couple of days.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm conflicted about whether or not to get 3G. I don't really know how much I'd use it. I don't have internet on my cell phone, and it seems that lots of places offer free Wi-Fi. Even the Rest Stops around the state, on the Inter-State Highways have it. I'd like to hear from some of you about this.

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iDan, you are the only one I know that is actually getting to use one. Do you type directly on it, or do you have the keyboard set-up?

iVegas702

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wan the 64GB 3G. I want to be able to have movies, pictures and space for stuff and don't want to have to go delete stuff to make room.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since you can't really upgrade this thing (at least yet) -- might as well get the top of the line model :)

OP
iDan

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish! - I don't have one yet, I just have that "Sent from the iPad" in my signature :)

iDan, you are the only one I know that is actually getting to use one. Do you type directly on it, or do you have the keyboard set-up?

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish! - I don't have one yet, I just have that "Sent from the iPad" in my signature :)

Wish harded and it will come true!

Im going to wait till the verison model comes out.:)

Finnedog

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Conflicted

We know the next model of iPad that will be here 12 months or 24 months from now will be better and have some of these things that people "need" so don't know if I should get the 16gb or the 64gb.

We can only imagine how we will use the darn thing so unsure of what we "NEED".

iBean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iTouch 16G that I got about a year after they came out. Just after I got it, all the cool apps started comming out for it, then later the larger storage. Because I spent so much for it, have not been able to give it up for a newer one with a speaker. (recently bought dock c/ speakers for it). So knowing how I am, I'll probably buy the smallest iPad then upgrade in a few years. Still don't know if I'll get the 3G version or not. If I could text with it, that might make the decision for me, but just email, not so much.

Most reactions

Latest posts