What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad holder, stand, cradle, etc would you like made?

Padholdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padholdr.com
We own the equipment that manufactures our Padholdr's in Seattle,WA. We are always looking for new ideas, and I would like to get some suggestions for new products. if we like the idea and decide to start making the product we will give the final unit out to the person with the idea.

What kind of stands, cradles, holders, etc would you like to see made for the iPad?

rmojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the Ipad2 a stand that is magnetic like the cover. I have an ipod touch2g and a Ipad1 how about a cradle that can charge and sync both. Or a cradle that can hook up to a TV.

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am not a radio person at all. So when it comes to my car, I wouldn't mind something that extends out of the radio console area but is bolted and sturdy enough to simply place my iPad in with cover for my ride. (optional cords could be sold for audio hook up) to make more of a visual, something like the air condition clamps that are on the market. But this stand just bolts into the radio area and is more of a cradle, maybe some swivel option. I may simply be driving to school and want to hear a few songs. I can easily grab it out once I am parked without having to screw and unscrew.

For a more permanent venture, I have also dreamed of having the kind of set up that cop cars have for their laptops. I just don't want it to bar over the passenger seat. There could be an upside down bolted L- rod in the passenger floor board that comes up and over the middle dash. One the L part would be a 12x12x3 box with output and charging set up for the iPad. (at about a 40 degree angle) There would also be a smaller charging port for a phone to be put in and take out at will. The top of the box would be a flap or something to lock and secure the iPad. [this would also depend greatly on the car]

Obviously some more engineering needs to be done to these ideas for durability and protect and stuff, but on my search for car mounts, this is what I'm looking for. RAM has the closest car mount for me but no auxiliary outputs.

fairythere

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really love my Brookstone 360 stand. But I hate it when I travel and have to leave it at home because it's too big for my messenger bag. It would be great if I could remove the bottom base so it would all fit flat in my bag!

Attachments

• image-1700973625.png
    image-1700973625.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 516

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about a stand that will hold ipad 1-2 without having to remove whatever skin or thin cover you have on.

OP
P

Padholdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padholdr.com
How about a stand that will hold ipad 1-2 without having to remove whatever skin or thin cover you have on.

We already make that. Works with iPad 1 and 2 with or without a case. We even make a iPad stand that works with the Otterbox case. Thanks though!

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i wasnt aware, thanks for letting me know cuz that is what i want!

Lvich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like a stand that is lightweight, portable and provides variable viewing angles in both portrait and landscape orientations. :)

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I am desperately looking for a holder for the iPad that has suctions on the back of it that would then be able to stick to the tiles in my bathroom, so when I have a bath I can watch the television and catch up channels.

That really would be fantastic!

Pharlap

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think this is to wise as this will void warranty if moisture creeps in and apple loves pulling this one on customers

Brindley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't think this is to wise as this will void warranty if moisture creeps in and apple loves pulling this one on customers

As long as the case was waterproof then moisture wouldn't be able to get in, there are lots of television that are used in bathrooms already, and they all seem to be fine. It really would be fantastic if there was some sort of waterproof case that stuck to bathroom tiles! As long as it was all secure there would be no reason for there to be any water or steam etc getting in.

wannacool

iPF Noob
Reaction score

As long as the case was waterproof then moisture wouldn't be able to get in, there are lots of television that are used in bathrooms already, and they all seem to be fine. It really would be fantastic if there was some sort of waterproof case that stuck to bathroom tiles! As long as it was all secure there would be no reason for there to be any water or steam etc getting in.

Im still pretty new to the Ipad products but ive recently brought Luxa2 H4 for my Ipad2, and im sure we all do this when you have a product you check out to see what else they are doing haha anyways i think this might work for you buddy

oooh i cant post links yet but have a quick look for the Luxa2 H7 its got a big ass suction cup on it

OP
P

Padholdr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.padholdr.com
I hate giving away my ideas but I think it would be awesome to have something similar to an ihome that you can dock your ipad in. Just something with speakers but add a projector so you can project a movie onto the celling while your in bed or where ever you want.

I like that idea, or you could play your iPad outside on something white. The kids could watch netflix, etc.

I use a drycase for the iPad that is waterproof. It works really good and you can actually touch the screen with the case on. I was thinking of making a holder that you could use with that case in your tub.

Most reactions

Latest posts