What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What in iPad could be chewing up my data allowance without my knowledge?

Vagulus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My computers (a PC and an iPad Air) chew through half-a-GB of data a day even when I am not downloading/uploading anything.

Does anyone know of anything I might have on the iPad which would be thrashing to that extent?

Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are talking about you cellular data, go to Settings > Cellular Data. You can see which apps are taking the most data, and turn off any that you don't feel need access off wi-fi.

At the bottom of the list you can tap System Services to see what system services have been using.

At the very bottom in smallish text you will see a date. That's the date is when the current stats started. You can Reset Statistics to start over.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It only exists if you have an iPad that can connect to cellular services. If your iPad is wi-fi only, then it won't be there.

There is no built in way to see what apps/services are using bandwidth over a wi-fi connection. I seem to remember apps in the App Store that claim they will do this for you, but I don't know how they work, or how well. And they would only apply to the iPad side of things.

Most reactions