What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

Reaction score
We have some hummingbird feeders but no hummingbirds ever come to them :( if I ever see them, I'll try and get a picture ;)

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see blue skies from my back garden, for a change......

Attachments

• image-543173402.jpg
    image-543173402.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 143

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Thanks, Leelai...these hummingbirds have really been a joy to watch!! Makes me smile! :)

I am so amazed that you have humming birds in Michigan! Thought they were found only in the tropics.
The photos are wonderful! This one has a really striking, wide red collar. Do you get lots of different ones come?

And what do they eat from your al fresco "diner"?? Do you put out sugar or honey?

It's also surprising to hear they would frighten other birds away, especially as they are so tiny (or that's what I thought). Are they aggressive?

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Very blue skies indeed!! We have rain here now!

Love the Weather Vane you have there!!

Thanks, mum loved it so placed it on her sun house :). It always seems to rain in Wales, so I'm happy we have sun, for a change.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I carried this fir tree home from school as a seedling,when in Kindergarten, now it's about 75' tall!

image-1308698427.jpg

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, mum loved it so placed it on her sun house :). It always seems to rain in Wales, so I'm happy we have sun, for a change.

You are a sweet daughter for doing that! I am sure she enjoys seeing that, Hayz!! :)

I carried this fir tree home from school as a seedling,when in Kindergarten, now it's about 75' tall!

View attachment 20769

That is grand, Scifan!! Those firs grow so tall and quickly! We have several in back...and they are getting huge!! I worry about the high winds and all...we had one break in half after a bad storm hit in the summer 10 years ago. Chopped the top right off and screwed itself to the grass! Was a real bugger trying to take it out!!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so amazed that you have humming birds in Michigan! Thought they were found only in the tropics.
The photos are wonderful! This one has a really striking, wide red collar. Do you get lots of different ones come?

And what do they eat from your al fresco "diner"?? Do you put out sugar or honey?

It's also surprising to hear they would frighten other birds away, especially as they are so tiny (or that's what I thought). Are they aggressive?

Sorry, Stranding...must have missed your post earlier.

I actually make my sugar water. I boil a 2 cups of water than add 1/2 cup of sugar until it dissolves. The most common one we have here is the Ruby red throat hummingbird, but we also have a brown one flying around. Not sure if that is the female version, but we don't think so. I guess that hummingbirds can become very territorial...which I have seen a few scare others away from our feeder. That is why we bought another one, but they don't come by that one hardly.

Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Oh, but we need it here in our Great State. We have some serious drought problems for our local Farmers!

Yes we have, you are right, but I just miss the sunshine and the swimming and bonfires

Most reactions

Latest posts