What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
image.jpg

Front yard, actually. Our columbines (Aquilegia canadensis) are going nuts this spring.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our little grapefruit tree is really coming along this year.....just before our winter when a bit more vitamin C will be useful.
View attachment 64830
View attachment 64831
But our back yard hibiscus hedge is not going to flower much longer, until next summer again:).
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk
Nice photos, Andrew. Looks like you have a good crop of grapefruit there. Has your lemon tree ever given you another one of those double lemons?

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice photos, Andrew. Looks like you have a good crop of grapefruit there. Has your lemon tree ever given you another one of those double lemons?
Thanks sci, I picked one that looked the ripest this morning for breakfast. There's nothing like eating a piece of fruit just picked off a tree:)
image.jpg

Yes we do now have a "second crop" of lemons but they are disappointing: small and dry. The neighbours are experiencing the same and putting it down to pollination or lack thereof.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No photo, but our white mulberry trees are fruiting, which means flocks of handsome Cedar Waxwings in addition to the usual robins, catbirds, and thrashers that compete with tree rats for the berries.

It also means no walking barefoot in the grass, which soon will be loaded with fallen mulberries.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
We're now four days into our winter down here and Alby, our birch tree, has finally decided he'd better get a move on with this leaf shedding business:)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433398550.387732.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433398571.320937.jpg

He was late this year, and was still green when other trees were already showing their autumn colours.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad Air2 using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Moonlight over the Wisconsin River.View attachment 65196sorry wrong thread. This is a friend's back yard.
I like that photo Czevski! The more I look at it the more I see "human" traits with comical body language by the trees. The one on the right is sitting down and trying to hand the moon to the tree in the centre, which is leaning back and doesn't want it, indicating "give it to him".
Weird, I know...I mean my post:p
Andrew

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Andrew...looks like Alby is finally getting e picture that cold weather is on the way in Oz, however, that hibiscus has a mind of its own. Absolutely stunning blooms!

@Czevski ...beautiful full moon

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
View attachment 65224
Enjoying a good bottle of Polish Beer outdoors!

View attachment 65225
Sitting outside on the patio enjoying the flowers work its magic! :)
What a peaceful relaxing scene ski! I was in Krakow not that many years ago and, although I don't remember that brand, I do recall the Polish beer was excellent.
And, although I also don't remember its name, there was a particular dish of pickled herring with pickled onion and sour cream base that I really enjoyed, even better than the somewhat similar Dutch matjes or German rollmops that I also like. Now that went really well with that Polish beer!:D
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts