What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Freudian typo? ;)

@skimonkey Before the houses vis-à-vis were built, we also saw rabbits, foxes and deer in our street. :)

That would have been lovely to still have the animals roam around your neighborhood. I bet that you miss that...I know I would, JA. !

Darn auto-correct...get's me too!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That would have been lovely to still have the animals roam around your neighborhood. I bet that you miss that...I know I would, JA. !

Darn auto-correct...get's me too!
It was nice. :)
When my children were younger, they enjoyed watching the animals around here, especially Judith liked it. :)

We have to be careful when foxes come too close to us. When they seem too tame or trusting, they're most likely mad.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Skimonkey, you will be glad to know I heard a chipmunk in our forest yesterday ! !! I haven't seen or heard one for then yrs when that beautiful grey squirrel came. I didn't know until the following yr that all the chipmunks were gone! I LOVED watching them! Ten yrs later, I was so happy to hear that chipmunk I just stopped and listened as long as I could hear it. I hope that virus is gone!!!!:p
Also, I was amazed at how much your back yard looks like mine! Mine is a bit bigger but virtually the same otherwise. Well, except for the bears and ......such.:D A chipmunk is fun!

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Skimonkey, you will be glad to know I heard a chipmunk in our forest yesterday ! !! I haven't seen or heard one for then yrs when that beautiful grey squirrel came. I didn't know until the following yr that all the chipmunks were gone! I LOVED watching them! Ten yrs later, I was so happy to hear that chipmunk I just stopped and listened as long as I could hear it. I hope that virus is gone!!!!:p
Also, I was amazed at how much your back yard looks like mine! Mine is a bit bigger but virtually the same otherwise. Well, except for the bears and ......such.:D A chipmunk is fun!

That's interesting you mention the chipmunks, Diane. I was just talking about that the other day on how many chipmunks we've seen this year compared to last year (none). I had no idea that there was a virus that attacked them....I need to check that out. It sounds like it was quite wide spread. If it affected all the way to your region. They are cute little critters aren't they? :)

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
They sure are. I just love watching them chasing each other in a spiral up or down around and around the big trunks of the big evergreens here!
Also, skimonkey, just to let you know how good your instincts are; the cougar in N. America is the deadliest animal in the world! Including lions, tigers and bears! OH NO!! :eek: :p :D
I sure hope the virus is gone!:)

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I turned off autocorrect, once I realized that fixing its mistakes required more keystrokes than fixing my own.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm still 50/50 on that one! You always have the chance to X out the spell check before you hit the space button!:p:D:)o_O:rolleyes:
STAY COOL!!:cool::) And keep smilin' Larry ! It does help!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On my walk rather than my back yard.
image.jpg

What's that?
image.jpg

This woodchuck was a little lost and trying to get away from the partly flooded area where he usually stays. He turned around and headed back
to the wooded area of the park.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I was clearing some brush from a disused corner of my garden and I found a planter that had been completely hidden. In it was this garden ornament placed there by my mother several years before she passed away. Andrew, you might be interested.
image.jpg

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a great find Sci! Love it.

I bet you were surprised...and happy too to have found that outside! :)

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great find sci, not least because your mother found a koala as a garden ornament:) Looks in good condition and something I am sure you will treasure. Thanks for sharing a pleasant experience of yours mate.
Andrew

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great find sci, not least because your mother found a koala as a garden ornament:) Looks in good condition and something I am sure you will treasure. Thanks for sharing a pleasant experience of yours mate.
Andrew
Thanks, Andrew I appreciate the post.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
February 1st, Michigan had a huge snowstorm. It started early morning Super Bowl Sunday...snowing all day. We ended with 13 + inches in our areas alone. Local schools and Universities were closed for 2-3 days due to snow/road conditions.

We shoveled 3 times because we couldn't get to our Snow blower...the garage door wouldn't open. Seemed like once we shoveled, another inch collected on the ground.

Needless to say, we were forced to cancel our party. Here are some pics the day afterwards. Sure is pretty! :)

image.jpg
F
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks a lot nicer when you don't have to shovel it.;)

BTW, I'll have some pictures of the snow in my yard after I get home from work. My sidewalks look like they've never been shoveled.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts