What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are some new grapes growing on a vine located in a back alley a few blocks from my place.
image.jpg

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have some coneflowers, too. Yours seem to be doing better than mine - or mine are just late bloomers.
I wish I'd see more butterflies in our area.

Yes, so far my coneflowers have done well each year since I planted them. They need to be divided again, since it spreads quickly! The butterflies seem to really love it. I need to get some bee balm too for my hummingbirds. :)

Here are some new grapes growing on a vine located in a back alley a few blocks from my place. View attachment 58846

Do you know if the neighbors use it for wine, Sci?

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Probably not, there's only one small vine. You'd be lucky to get enough grapes to make a glass of wine.

We also have grapes growing on our back fence too. However, we can never get to them because the crows love them!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We also have grapes growing on our back fence too. However, we can never get to them because the crows love them!
Have you thought of placing some netting over the vines to stop the crows from feasting on your grapes?

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you thought of placing some netting over the vines to stop the crows from feasting on your grapes?

No not really. I think it'd be more of a hassle for me to try to save it. I believe my husband tried to eat some of it before and it was bitter. I don't think we'd know what to do with it anyways, so better the birds have it than us! :)

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I guess it's my turn to post now. Lately I have been walking a different path through my subdivision and along a new walk path by my house. Each day when I walk, I see a group of deer...2 fawns and it's mom. This is where I saw the 2 little ones today....
image.jpg

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I guess it's my turn to post now. Lately I have been walking a different path through my subdivision and along a new walk path by my house. Each day when I walk, I see a group of deer...2 fawns and it's mom. This is where I saw the 2 little ones today....View attachment 59206
What a great photo! And what a nice, peaceful residential division you live in skimonkey. Is there a protected wooded area or sheltered scrub nearby for them to retire to?
Now looking for a smiley that depicts envy:)
Andrew

mydave

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ouch . . . Ouch . . . SCREAMMMMM . . . Ouch Ouch . . .
The ANTS . .
How such a small creature creates so much pain . . . must have been bitten by half dozen of them . . . .:mad:
Blessed those who never been bitten.;)

Most reactions

Latest posts