What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I found works for me - protective accessories

Blueface

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know there are going to be as differing opinions on this as there are stars in the sky.
However, thought I would share what works for my taste and thought others can post what works for them with their iPad or iPad2.
Thought it could be a good tool to sift through for anyone interested.

Rules for this thread:
No one is right.
No one is wrong.
No insults because it is not what you like.
If you can't say something nice, don't.
No selling yours over mine or someone else's.
In other words, play nice in sandboxes.

I have now purchased 5 cases for my iPad2, looking constantly to find what would make ME happy.
I got the Leather folios and three different backs to go along with my Smart Cover.
I also bought the Zagg film for the back.
Lastly, I bought a leather Smart Cover.

Call it wasted money, call it whatever you want (but remember the rules so don't type it). For me, it's been fun.

Here is what I found I love.
1) Zagg film on back so I can place it on anything and not worry.
2) Leather Smart Cover as looks neat, very functional, and always easily remove it when using my iPad and hence enjoy the thin, light experience as it was meant to be.
3) Marware EcoEnvi. It houses my iPad, Smart Cover and all, in a very neat, professional looking folio for taking my iPad on the road with me as I travel for business, or even around the house when done using it.
4) Lastly, I travel carefree with protective insurance that is all risk.

Last edited:

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
They make protector films for the back of the ipad too? I thought they only made screen protectors.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed on buying what works best for the individual.

I use TPU silicone backs on my iPad 1 and 2, and stow them in a sleeve on the go. I like my iPads lightweight and streamlined. I don't care for screen protectors.

jasmynsway

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have bought and returned quite a bit. I Settled on a switcheasy canvas and verbatim foldable keyboard. This set up works very well for me, but the switcheasy canvas doesn't have enough personality for me, I'm finding. I have a pad & quill coming. I've been intrigued by the wood moleskine style cases and decided to get one to see if I like it.

Wookiee2cu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So far I have a RadTech antiglare screen protector, Apple Smart cover and SwitchEasy CoverBuddy. I have an OtterBox Defender on it's way. The only reason I ordered the Defender is I will be taking my iPad with me when I go do photography and the CoverBuddy has some flex to it so I wanted something more rigid as the sleeve in the camera bag is right against my back so it will take a little abuse.

Last edited:

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
back: Joy Factory 'smoke'
front: Smart Cover red
screen: none so far, considering Steinheil UF
other: Waterfield Designs Slip

Dr Umfufu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought the black leather Smart Cover with my iPad 2 and was thinking that all I needed then was a cover for the back. Ended up with the BodyGuardz Carbon Fibre skin which is pretty cool. Surprisingly I found the Smart Cover awkward and added too much bulk to what is meant to be a slim and lightweight tablet... As a result tried several types of screen protector and as with my old iPad 1 found that some of the cheaper ones are just as good if not better than the more expensive ones, and if you mess up the installation... So what!!??? Throw it away and start again... I had my old iPad 1 with an Incipio Feather cover for the back and a screen protector which cost me £2.00 for a year. When I got rid of it I will dare anyone to tell me it did not look brand new!!! And I used that tablet EVERYWHERE.... So, the iPad 2 is going to get the same treatment.

Most reactions

Latest posts