What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What have I done?

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Apart from having my windows 7 PC hard disc replaced, I seem to have a problem getting the photos from my iPad4 tpo my PC.

The usual way, once I have taken new photos, is to plug in my iPad to my PC and I get the photos popping up on the PC screen ready to tick the ones I want to add. Problem is I now get the Dropbox saying it uis blocked ?????
Any thoughts would be appreciated on correction. I did go into the ipad and look into controls, but not being too bright, didn't see anythin amiss. I did open the iCloud and look int controls, but not being too bright with this, couldn't se anythinmg wrong, but did open the iCloud, whicjh I thought should be open?
Malcolm

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Apart from having my windows 7 PC hard disc replaced, I seem to have a problem getting the photos from my iPad4 tpo my PC.

The usual way, once I have taken new photos, is to plug in my iPad to my PC and I get the photos popping up on the PC screen ready to tick the ones I want to add. Problem is I now get the Dropbox saying it uis blocked ?????
Any thoughts would be appreciated on correction. I did go into the ipad and look into controls, but not being too bright, didn't see anythin amiss. I did open the iCloud and look int controls, but not being too bright with this, couldn't se anythinmg wrong, but did open the iCloud, whicjh I thought should be open?
Malcolm

Hello Malcolm - first, is your PC otherwise working correctly, i.e. is this your only issue? Second, why are you still on Windows 7 (released in 2009) vs. Windows 10? I'm no longer on PCs, only Macs so I cannot help you much w/ those questions which may in part be the problem. And third, tell us what your mean by 'photos popping up on the PC screen' - are you using iTunes, Dropbox, or other Image Capture program?

For transfer of photos between my digital cameras or iDevices and my Mac computers, numerous wired or wireless options exist. For wired options, iTunes or Image Capture can be used but I've disliked iTunes for years for photo transfers. NOW, for 'wireless' choices, many are available. My digital camera has built-in Wi-Fi and a free proprietary app is on my iPad; I also have two devices which take SD cards for image (or other) storage and wireless transfer, again using free proprietary apps.

But for your needs (and again I'm assuming your PC is indeed working correctly?), there are apps that reside on the iPad and have complementary programs for either a Mac or PC computer (for the latter you'll have to check whether the old Windows 7 is supported) - the two that I use are PhotoSync and PhotoTransfer - check the links, if interested.

Finally, not sure why Dropbox is not working for you (maybe reinstalls on your iPad & PC would help?). Also, if you had an Apple computer, AirDrop is a wireless Apple technology that I use often (requires the right hardware/software). Good luck and post back responding to some of my questions above. Dave :)
Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 12.21.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-02 at 12.22.48 PM.png

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. After a very long time going through everything, I managed to find that the camera had been turned off for some reason. Very strange that. All OK again but appreciate your help and advice. Good luck...

Hi again Malcolm - glad that you resolved your photo issue, but I'm confused and a little more information might help others who read your thread. By 'camera' are you referring to the camera app/icon on your iPad, your digital camera, or a program on your Windows PC. The reason that I ask is the iOS 'Camera App' cannot be turned off normally - the only way to disable the feature is to use Parental Restrictions in the General section of Settings, i.e. by using a passcode, then Camera & FaceTime can be 'shut down' and their icons disappear from the home screen - is the latter the issue you corrected? And if not, can you give a clearer explanation - thanks. Dave :)

OP
Alex101

Alex101

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
It was the camera icon on the iPad4 that had dissapeared. I have no idea why, but it took a lot of searching to find the right place to correct it mainly because I am not so good with computers and getting into the systems. The green switch on a great list of items had been switched to off.?? Switched it back on again and all was well, but it did help to get onto the forum and google to ask questions about it being missing. A few attempts and got there.
Malcolm

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Most likely you managed to turn off the camera under Settings > General > Restrictions. Make sure you don't forget the code you set for Restrictions. It's a pain to recover from that.

Image.jpeg

Most reactions