What has the iPad Pro replaced for you?

Discussion in 'iPad Pro Forum' started by smalltowngirl13, Nov 19, 2015.

1. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    For those of you who purchased the iPad Pro, what (if anything) has it replaced in your daily use routine? Are you finding yourself picking up the iPad Pro vs maybe your laptop or another tablet?

2. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    the Pro has replaced my ipad2.

i work from home using stupidly fast pc's, so general computing and the job of a laptop is all taken care of.
    But, i do use ipad for general admin in my business life - comms, billing/letters, portfolio presentations etc etc, all of which the Pro now does ultimately better. I cant wait to start using the Pencil (when it arrives) for note taking and sketching.

so yes, the Pro is probably my laptop equivalent.

3. dupont2005

dupont2005
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    For home use it replaced my five year old 1st gen iPad. I still use the old one for work though.

4. Dobalina

Dobalina
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Replaced my ipad2.

5. niroc

niroc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I just bought the Pro 128 gb through Costco ($900). It will replace my Surface 2 RT.

I have done an exhaustive research on the background of tablets. Larger screen size is something I really wanted (besides other tangible options). Unfortunately, most tablets don't go beyond the 10 inch in length. It is a untapped market that Apple exploited. If the Pro becomes popular I expect to see larger sized tablets come to market by the end of 2016.

If I feel the IPad Pro does not justify its huge cost, I will return it. Costco's return policy is very liberal and is the reason why I went with them. Now, I just have to wait a week for shipment.

#5 niroc, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  6. Duffman

Duffman
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Not replacement per say. In the recording studio has become a mobile control surface. While I still have an MCU Pro and an Extender Pro at the mixing desk I use the iPad Pro for transport control from the drum room. Also has become a mobile design unit for my main business. Just finished a spread sheet in Numbers that will allow me to give customers on the spot quotes. Handy handy handy!

7. allanrube

allanrube
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    replaced an android tablet - a 12.2 inch Samsung one. I had wanted an iPad but I like large screens so never got around to getting an iPad before.

8. Ex_Brit

Ex_Brit
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    It replaces my iPad 2 and my ageing Netbook which was really so slow as to be practically useless but fortunately only used when I am away from my PC.

9. iluvmyipad

iluvmyipad
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    It hasn't really replaced anything for me, I use my iPad 3 less, but I still use it. I also still use my MacBook Pro, just depends on what I am doing. Due to the size, I don't carry it around. It is so thin, it just feel fragile to me. I only use it at home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. metheridge

metheridge
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received: